Features and Benefits
- Operates from a 7V to 60V Input Supply
- Dual-Output Voltage: 5V and 3.3V
- Up to 1A Output Current per Converter
- 560kHz Switching Frequency
- EN/UVLO Input, Resistor-Programmable UVLO Threshold
- Mode Selection Jumper to Select Between PWM and PFM Modes
- Capacitor Programmable Soft-Start Time
- External Clock Synchronization Input
- Open-Drain Active-Low RESET Output
- Overcurrent Protection
- Overtemperature Protection
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Complies with CISPR32(EN55032) Class B Conducted and Radiated Emissions
The MAX17521EVKITE# evaluation kit (EV kit) provides a proven design to evaluate the MAX17521 high-efficiency, high-voltage, Himalaya synchronous step-down dual DC-DC converter. The EV kit is preset to generate 5V and 3.3V output voltages, at load currents up to 1A per converter. The switching frequency of the EV kit is preset to 560kHz for optimum efficiency and component size. The EV kit features programmable enable and input undervoltage lockout (EN/UVLO), programmable soft-start (SS), open-drain status (active-low RESET) output and external clock synchronization (SYNC). The EV kit also provides good layout example, which is optimized for conducted, radiated EMI, and thermal performance. For more details about the IC Benefits and Features, refer to the MAX17521 IC data sheet.
- CPU, DSP, or FPGA Power
- Distributed Supply Regulation
- General-Purpose Point of Load
- Industrial Control Power Supplies
Documentation & Resources
Tools & Simulations
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.