Features and Benefits
- Wide Brightness Adjustment Range
- Open Lamp Protection with 2s Timeout
- "Buck" Switch and Other Single-Point Fault Protection
- Brightness Adjustable Through SMBus Interface or On-Board Potentiometer
- No Flicker at Low Brightness
- High Power to Light Efficiency
- I²C/SMBus Compatible
- Easy-to-Use Menu-Driven Software
- Assembled and Tested
- Windows 95/98-Compatible Software (3.5in Floppy Disk)
- Demo PC Board
The MAX1739 evaluation system (EV system) consists of a MAX1739 evaluation kit (EV kit) and a companion Maxim SMBus interface board.
The MAX1739 EV kit is an assembled and tested PC board that demonstrates the MAX1739 wide brightness range cold-cathode fluorescent lamp (CCFL) backlight controller. The EV kit can control the brightness of a user-supplied lamp through either the SMBus interface or by an on-board potentiometer. Figure 1 shows the MAX1739 EV kit main display.
The Maxim SMBus interface board (MAXSMBus) allows an IBM®-compatible PC to use its parallel port to emulate an Intel® system management bus (SMBus) 2-wire interface. Windows® 95/98-compatible software provides a user-friendly interface to exercise the features of the MAX1739. The program is menu driven and offers a graphic interface with control buttons and status display.
Order the MAX1739EVSYS for a complete PC-based evaluation of the MAX1739. Order the MAX1739EVKIT if you already have an SMBus interface.
- LCD Displays
- Palmtop Computers