Features and Benefits
- Input Voltage Ranges
- 9V AC to 13.2V AC from AC Source or Magnetic Transformers
- 9V DC to 18V DC
- Output of Several Electronic Transformers
- Drives 3 to 5 Series HBLEDs
- 36V Overvoltage Protection
- 5.5W Output Power
- Demonstrates IC Power-Factor Correction
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
The MAX16840 evaluation kit (EV kit) demonstrates the MAX16840 HBLED driver IC used for solid-state lighting (SSL) applications. The EV kit is configured in a buck-boost topology providing an output power of 5.5W for 3 to 5 LEDs. The IC is designed for standard multifaceted-reflector (MR) applications. The EV kit's typical input power is 6.7W at 12V AC and features a power-factor correction of 0.9 (typ).
The EV kit is a fully assembled and tested surface-mount PCB designed and optimized to accommodate an MR16 application form factor. The EV kit is dimmable with some electronic transformers and trailing-edge dimmer combination and some magnetic transformers and leading-edge dimmer combination.
- MR16 and Other 12V AC or DC Input LED Lighting Applications
Documentation & Resources
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.