Features and Benefits
- 9V to 40V Wide Supply Voltage Range
- 1A Output Current
- Analog-Control PWM Dimming
- PWM Dimming Control
- Output Overvoltage Protection
- Buffered Clock Output
- Lead-Free and RoHS Compliant
- Fully Assembled and Tested
The MAX16831 evaluation kit (EV kit) demonstrates the MAX16831 current-mode, high-brightness LED (HBLED) driver IC. The MAX16831 EV kit is configured as a step-down/step-up (buck-boost) topology circuit with peak inductor current and average LED current control for external LEDs. The MAX16831 EV kit operates from a DC supply voltage of 9V to 40V and is configured to deliver 1A of current. The maximum output voltage of the LED string can be up to 28V.
The MAX16831 EV kit can be configured for analog-control PWM or digital PWM dimming operation using either an analog linear DC voltage or a digital PWM input signal to control the LEDs' brightness. This EV kit has an undervoltage lockout (UVLO) feature that disables the EV kit and overvoltage protection that protects the circuit under no-load conditions. The EV kit circuit also features a clock output and features an input for synchronizing to an external clock. The MAX16831 EV kit is a fully assembled and tested surface-mount printed-circuit board (PCB).
Caution: Do not power up the MAX16831 EV kit without connecting a load to the LED+ and LED- PCB pads.
Warning: Voltages exceeding 42V may exist on the LED+ and LED- output pads.
- Automotive Exterior Lighting:
- Daytime Running Lights (DRL)
- Fog Light and Adaptive Front Light Assemblies
- High-Beam/Low-Beam/Signal Lights
- Rear Combination Lights (RCL)
- Emergency Lighting
- Industrial and Architectural Lighting
- Navigation and Marine Indicators
- Projectors with RGB LED Light Sources