Features and Benefits
- +4.5V to +5.5V Input Range
- Output Voltages
- +13V Output at 650mA (VMAIN)
- +25V Output at 10mA (VPOS)
- -8V Output at 15mA (VNEG)
- Adjustable Output Voltages (External Resistors)
- 1.2MHz Switching Frequency
- Five High-Performance Operational Amplifiers
- Low-Profile Surface-Mount Components
- Fully Assembled and Tested
The MAX1518 evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested surface-mount circuit board that contains a step-up switching regulator, a positive charge pump postregulated by a high-voltage linear regulator, a negative charge pump postregulated by a high-voltage negative linear regulator, and five high-current operational amplifiers. The step-up switching circuit is configured for a +13V output (VMAIN) and provides up to 650mA from a +4.5V to +5.5V DC supply voltage.
The positive linear regulator is configured for a +25V output (VPOS) using two charge-pump stages providing up to 10mA. The negative linear regulator is configured for a -8V output (VNEG) using a single charge-pump stage providing up to 15mA. The DC input source or the step-up switching regulator output provides power for the positive charge-pump input. The DC input source or the power ground provides power for the negative charge-pump input.
The MAX1518 EV kit demonstrates low-quiescent current and high efficiency for maximum battery life. Operation at 1.2MHz allows the use of tiny surface-mount components.
- Automotive Displays
- LCD Monitor Panels
- Notebook Computer Displays