Features and Benefits
- Easy Evaluation of the MAX14001/MAX14002
- EV Kit is USB Powered
- Daisy-Chainable SPI Interface
- Internal Voltage Reference or External Voltage Reference
- Half-Wave Input Rectification Filter or Full-Wave Input Rectification Filter
- Windows XP®, Windows® 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 Compatible Software
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Proven PCB Layout
- RoHS Compliant
The MAX14001/14002 evaluation system (EV system) provides the hardware and software necessary to evaluate the MAX14001 and MAX14002 isolated, single-channel, analog-to-digital converters (ADCs) with programmable voltage comparators and inrush current control optimized for configurable binary input applications. The MAX14001/ MAX14002 EV kit has Pmod™ compatible connectors for SPI communication. The EV system includes the USB2PMB2 adapter board that receives commands from a PC through the USB cable to create an SPI interface for communication between the software and the MAX14001/MAX14002 on the EV kit.
The EV system includes a graphical user interface (GUI) that provides communication between the target device and the PC. The MAX14001/MAX14002 EV kit has two MAX14001/MAX14002 devices (U1 and U2) that can operate in multiple modes, as shown in Figure 1:
- Single Channel mode: The USB2PMB2 adapter connects to connector PMOD1 or PMOD2 on the EV kit, depending on which channel is preferred, allowing differently configured analog inputs with signal conditioning circuitry.
- Daisy-Chain mode: The USB2PMB2 adapter connects to connector PMOD1, and DOUT from U1 connects to DIN of U2. Both U1 and U2 are controlled from a single SPI interface.
- Dual Channel mode: The USB2PMB2 adapter connects to connector PMOD1 and uses two chipselect signals (CS1 and CS2) to control each chip through a single connector/GUI interface.
- Distribution Automation
- High-Voltage Binary Input (12V–300V)
- Industrial Control, Multi-Range, Digital Input Modules with Individually Isolated Inputs
- Substation Automation
Documentation & Resources
Tools & Simulations
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.