Features and Benefits
- Convenient USB Interface
- Touch Panel with Piezo Actuator Mounted for Haptic Feedback
- Analog Tracking-Mode Capability
- Easy-to-Use Windows® Graphical User Interface (GUI) Allows Register Programming for Various Haptic Waveforms
- All Components Mounted on a Plexiglass Base for Ease of Handling
- Single-Supply Operation through the USB
- Option for External Power Supply for the Boost Regulator
- Separate User's Guide Available for the Graphical User Interface
The MAX11835 evaluation system (EV system) demonstrates a complete solution to drive single and multilayer piezo actuators to create haptic feedback for products featuring touch interfaces. The MAX11835 efficiently generates any type of user-programmable waveforms including sine, trapezoidal, square, and pulse to drive the piezo loads to create custom haptic sensation. The low-power device directly interfaces with an application processor/host controller through an I²C interface and integrates various blocks including a boost regulator, pattern storage memory, and waveform generator in one package, thus providing a complete haptic feedback controller solution.
The EV system is a multiboard system that includes a MAXQ2000 USB touch interface board (UTIB) and a MAX11835 daughter board.
Note: The CD-ROM included with the EV kit contains a User's Guide that provides information about the graphical user interface (GUI).
Note: The MAX11835 is not a touch-screen controller and the touch panel is only provided for haptic feedback purposes, with the 4-wire flex connector left unconnected.
- Handheld Gaming Consoles
- Infotainment for Automotive Applications
- Keypads and Keyboards
- Mobile Communication Devices
- Notebooks, Netbooks, and e-Readers
- PDA, GPS and Media Players