Features and Benefits
- +3V (MAX117) or +5V (MAX118) Operation
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- On-Board Oscillator Generates Timing Signals
- LED Display of Conversion Results
- Low-Power Shutdown Mode
The MAX117 evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled evaluation board for the 8-bit, 8-channel, +3V MAX117 analog-to-digital converter. Channel selection can be controlled by switches located on the board or by user-provided logic-level signals. An on-board oscillator provides continuous conversions, and the conversion results appear on the LED output display.
The MAX117 EV kit also evaluates the +5V MAX118. To evaluate the MAX118, order a MAX118 free sample, replace the MAX117 with the MAX118, and install the appropriate R9 resistor (see Component List).
- Battery-Powered Applications
- Communication Systems
- Portable Equipment
- Remote Data Acquisition
- System-Health Monitoring