Features and Benefits
- Signal and power isolated ADuM5028 with isoPower integrated isolated dc-to-dc converter
- 2-layer PCB with low radiated emissions; passes EN55022 Class B (certification available)
- On-board LDO for 6 V to 9 V supply, providing 5 V to the ADuM5028 VDDP pin
- 5 V input and 5 V or 3.3 V output operation
- Screw terminal connectors for the following:
- 6 V to 9 V LDO power supply
- 5 V direct power supply
- Off board PDIS control
- Isolated output supply
The EVAL-ADUM5028EBZ allows the user to evaluate the ADuM5028 isolated power solution. The ADuM5028 eliminates the need to design and build an isolated dc-to-dc converter in 60 mA applications. The iCoupler® chip scale transformer technology is used for the inductive component of the dc-to-dc converter. The result is a small form factor, isolated solution.
Based on the Analog Devices, Inc., iCoupler technology, the ADuM5028 dc-to-dc converter provides regulated, isolated power that is well below CISPR22 Class B limits when at full load on a 2-layer printed circuit board (PCB) with ferrites.
Full specifications of the ADuM5028 can be found in the ADuM5028 data sheets available from Analog Devices, and must be consulted in conjunction with this user guide when using the evaluation board.