Features and Benefits
- Input voltage range: 2.7 V to 5.0 V
- Flash mode current up to
- 500 mA for the ADP1650
- 750 mA per LED for the ADP1660
- Torch mode up to 200 mA
- Programmable flash timer up to 1600 ms
- Programmable DC battery current limit
- Low-battery mode to reduce LED current automatically
- ADP1660 allows independent triggering of each LED at a current level
- Dedicated header for I2C communication
The ADP1650SHIELD-EVALZ/ADP1660SHIELD-EVALZ are designed to allow users to evaluate the features of the ADP1650 1.5 A light emitting diode (LED) flash driver and the ADP1660 dual 750 mA LED flash driver, both with an I2C-compatible interface. This evaluation board demonstrates the functions of the LED flash driver, such as the device information, voltage reference (VREF), general-purpose input and output (GPIO) and timer. In addition, this evaluation board features current settings, output mode, fault information, input controls, and low-battery mode.
This board is controlled using the EVAL-ADICUP3029 or a regular Arduino board to send and receive data from a Windows® PC graphical user interface (GUI) connected to a universal asynchronous receiver and transmitter (UART) and the ADP1650 or the ADP1660 LED flash driver by its I2C-compatible interface.
For full details on the ADP1650 and the ADP1660, see the ADP1650 and the ADP1660 data sheets, which must be consulted with the user guide while working with the ADP1650SHIELDEVALZ/ADP1660SHIELD-EVALZ board.
- DC power supply
- Micro-USB B cable to A cable
- EVAL-ADICUP3029 Rev C
- Jumper wires
- Windows 10 PC
- CrossCore Serial Flash Programmer 1.4.0
- GUI installer for Windows PC
- Source code for the embedded target
Documentation & Resources
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.