Features and Benefits
- ADM8843 drives 4 white LEDs from a 2.6V to 5.5V (li-ion) input supply
- 1x/1.5x/2x Fractional Charge Pump to maximize power efficiency
- 0.3% Typ LED Current Matching
- Power Sub and main Display LEDs
- Low Power Shutdown Mode
- Package footprint only 9mm2 (3mm x 3mm)
- Package height only 0.9mm
- Shutdown Function
- Soft-start limiting inrush current
The ADM8843 provides two digital input control pins, CTRL1 and CTRL2, which control the operation and the brightness of the LEDs. The ADM8843 is configured with a sub and main display, the main display refers to 3 of the 6 LEDs (FB1 – FB3) and the sub display refers to the remaining LED (FB54).
The ADM8843 provides the option to control the brightness of the LEDs with a digital PWM signal. The duty cycle of the PWM signal determines the brightness of the backlight LEDs. Brightness control of the LEDs can also be controlled by a DC voltage. The ADM8843 has soft-start circuitry to limit inrush current flow at power up.
The ADM8843 is fabricated using CMOS technology for minimal power consumption. The part is packaged in a 16-lead LFCSP (Lead Frame Chip Scale Package).
Documentation & Resources
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.