Features and Benefits
- Simplified evaluation of the ADM2563E and the ADM2863E 500 kbps, signal and power isolated RS-485 transceivers
- 2-layer PCB compliant to EN 55032/CISPR 32 Class B radiated emissions
- Footprint for 10.15 mm × 10.05 mm, 28-lead SOIC_W_FP package with >8.0 mm creepage and clearance
- On-board ADP7104 LDO regulator with jumper options for simplified evaluation in 5 V or 3.3 V configuration
- Flexible, low voltage VIO supply rail for interfacing with I/O nodes as low as 1.7 V
- ESD protection on RS-485 A, B, Y, and Z pins
- ≥±12 kV IEC61000-4-2 contact discharge
- ≥±15 kV IEC61000-4-2 air discharge
- SMA connector for TxD input signal
- Optional on-board LTC6900 oscillator for providing TxD signal
- Screw terminal blocks for connecting power, digital signals, and RS-485 signals
- Jumper selectable enable and disable for digital input signals
- Resistors and footprints for loopback test and termination
- Test points for measuring all signals
The EVAL-ADM2563EEBZ and the EVAL-ADM2863EEBZ allow for the simplified, efficient evaluation of the 3 kV rms ADM2563E and the 5.7 kV rms ADM2863E 500 kbps signal and power isolated, full-duplex RS-485 transceivers, respectively.
The ADM2563E and the ADM2863E each feature an integrated, isolated, dc-to-dc converter that provides power to the isolated side of the device with no additional ICs required.
An on-board ADP7104 low dropout (LDO) regulator accepts an input voltage of 3.3 V to 20 V and regulates the voltage to a selectable 3.3 V or 5 V supply for the VCC pin of the ADM2563E and the ADM2863E. The LDO regulator can be bypassed to power the VCC pin of the ADM2563E and the ADM2863E directly.
A screw terminal block on the evaluation boards allows connection to the flexible VIO logic supply pin of the ADM2563E/ADM2863E. This connection allows the ADM2563E/ADM2863E to operate with a digital input/output (I/O) voltage from 1.7 V to 5.5 V, which enables communication with nodes using either a 1.8 V or 2.5 V power supply. The VIO pin can also be supplied from the ADP7104 regulated supply.
The EVAL-ADM2563EEBZ and the EVAL-ADM2863EEBZ come with options to evaluate the ADM2563E or the ADM2863E in an individual system. Digital and RS-485 bus signals are easily accessible via the screw terminal blocks on each evaluation board. Each digital input is configured via the on-board jumper options.
Alternative methods can provide the transmit data input (TxD) signal to the ADM2563E or the ADM2863E. An LTC6900 oscillator is included on each evaluation board and can be optionally configured to provide a clock signal for the TxD digital input within a 10 kHz to 250 kHz range. For optimal signal integrity, use the on-board Subminiature Version A (SMA) connector to connect an external data signal.
The EVAL-ADM2563EEBZ and the EVAL-ADM2863EEBZ footprint for the full-duplex, isolated RS-485 transceivers is in a 10.15 mm × 10.05 mm, 28-lead, small outline, wide body with fine pitch (SOIC_W_FP) package. The EVAL-ADM2563EEBZ board is populated with the ADM2563E 3 kV rms, isolated RS-485 transceiver. The EVAL-ADM2863EEBZ is populated with the ADM2863E 5.7 kV rms, isolated RS-485 transceiver. The two evaluation boards differ only by the isolated RS-485 device populated on U3.
For full details on the ADM2563E or the ADM2863E, see the ADM2563E or the ADM2863E data sheet, which must be consulted in conjunction with this user guide when using the EVAL-ADM2563EEBZ or the EVAL-ADM2863EEBZ.
Markets and Technologies
Documentation & Resources
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.