Features and Benefits
- Demonstrates Key Functions of DS21458 Quad T1/E1/J1 Transceiver
- Includes DS21458 Quad LIU, Transformers, BNC and RJ45 Network Connectors, and Termination Passives
- Compatible with DK101 and DK2000 Demo Kit Motherboards
- DK101/DK2000 and ChipView Software Provide Point-and-Click Access to the DS21458 Register Set
- All Equipment-Side Framer Pins are Easily Accessible for External Data Source/Sink
- Memory-Mapped FPGA Provides Flexible Clock/Data/Sync Connections Among Framer Ports and DK2000 Motherboard
- LEDs for Loss-of-Signal and Interrupt Status
- Easy-to-Read Silk Screen Labels Identify the Signals Associated with all Connectors, Jumpers, and LEDs
- Network Interface Protection for Overvoltage and Overcurrent Events
The DS21458DK is an easy-to-use evaluation board for the DS21458 quad T1/E1/J1 transceiver. The DS21458DK is intended to be used as a daughter card with the DK101 motherboard or the DK2000 motherboard. The DS21458DK comes complete with a DS21458 quad SCT, transformers, termination resistors, configuration switches, line-protection circuitry, network connectors, and motherboard connectors. The DK101/DK2000 motherboard and Dallas' ChipView software give point-and-click access to configuration and status registers from a Windows®-based PC. On-board LEDs indicate receive loss-of-signal and interrupt status. An on-board FPGA contains mux logic to connect framer ports to one another or to the DK2000 in a variety of configurations.
Each DS21458DK is shipped with a free DK101 motherboard. For complex applications, the DK2000 high-performance demo kit motherboard can be purchased separately.