Features and Benefits
- Input voltage range: 3.8 V to 20 V
- Resistor-programmed 3.32 V output voltage
- Maximum output current: 1 A
- BNC connectors for noise and PSRR measurement
- Resistor programmed power-good
- Resistor-programmable current limit, current monitoring, and UVLO
- VIOC to manage power dissipation and PSRR
- Thermally enhanced, 14-lead, 3 mm × 4 mm, DFN package
The DC3158A evaluation board features the LT3041, a 20 V, 1 A, ultra-low noise and ultra-high power-supply rejection ratio (PSRR), low-dropout (LDO) linear regulator that incorporates voltage input-to-output control (VIOC) tracking. VIOC allows control of the upstream switching converter to maintain a constant voltage across the LT3041 and, therefore, minimizes power dissipation and maintains PSRR.
The DC3158A operates over an input voltage range of 3.8 V to 20 V. The LT3041 delivers a maximum output current of 1 A. In addition to featuring ultra-low noise and ultra-high PSRR, the regulator offers programmable power-good functionality and a programmable current limit. Current monitoring is also achieved by sensing the ILIM pin voltage.
Built-in protection includes reverse-battery protection, reverse-current protection, internal current limit with foldback and thermal limit with hysteresis.
For full details on the LT3041, see the LT3041 data sheet, which must be consulted with the user guide when using the DC3158A evaluation board.
The LT3041 of the DC3158A features a 14-lead, 3 mm × 4 mm, plastic DFN package with an exposed pad on the bottom side of the IC. Proper board layout is essential for maximum thermal performance.
- A DC power supply
- Multimeters for voltage and current measurements
- Electronic or resistive loads
- LT3041 data sheet
Documentation & Resources
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.