Features and Benefits
- Fully featured evaluation board for the LTC2686 multichannel voltage output DAC
- Flexible output power supply configuration
- Easy connection to external loads
- Test points to monitor DAC status signals
- ACE evaluation software compatible
The DC2904A-B is a fully featured evaluation board that is used to evaluate the LTC2686, an 8-channel, precision voltage output digital-to-analog converter (DAC).
The DC2904A-B is controlled through a serial peripheral interface (SPI) from the J1 connector. The SPI signals are sent from the DC2026C controller board through the ribbon cable that is connected to the DC2904A-B.
The DC2904A-B uses Analysis, Control, Evaluation (ACE) software to provide an intuitive graphical user interface (GUI) that configures and controls the LTC2686 using the SPI interface.
The LTC2686 is used for various voltage mode biasing applications such as optical modulators for data communications. The output voltage range for each channel is software selectable, and any channel can be routed to the DC2904A-B MUX pin, allowing either the channel voltage or current to be externally monitored.
For full specifications on the LTC2686, see the LTC2686 data sheet, which must be consulted in conjunction with the user guide when using the DC2904A-B.
- DC2904A-B evaluation board
- Ribbon cable to connect to the Linduino DC2026C controller board
- DC2026C controller board (must be purchased separately)
- PC running Windows® 7 or Windows 10
- Power supply
- ACE evaluation software (available for download from this page)
- LTC2686 data sheet
- DC2904A-B design files (available for download from this page)