Features and Benefits
- This evaluation board is obsolete and no longer recommended.
- 32kB FIFO Depth
- Works with single and dual-channel ADCs
- Use with VisualAnalog® software
- May require adaptor to interface with some ADC eval boards
- Allows programming of SPI control
- Up to 133MSPS Encode Rate
This evaluation board is obsolete and no longer recommended.
The high speed ADC FIFO evaluation kit includes the latest version of ADC Analyzer and a buffer memory board to capture blocks of digital data from the Analog Devices, Inc., high speed analog-to-digital converter (ADC) evaluation boards. The FIFO board is connected to the PC through a USB port and is used with ADC Analyzer to quickly evaluate the performance of high speed ADCs. Users can view an FFT for a specific analog input and encode rate to analyze SNR, SINAD, SFDR, and harmonic information.
The evaluation kit is easy to set up. Additional equipment needed includes an Analog Devices high speed ADC evaluation board, a signal source, and a clock source. Once the kit is connected and powered, the evaluation is enabled instantly on the PC.
The HSC-ADC-EVALB-DCZ can be used with single and multi-channel ADCs and converters with demultiplexed digital outputs.
- Easy to Set Up. Connect the included power supply and signal sources to the two evaluation boards. Then connect to the PC and instantly evaluate the performance.
- ADIsimADC™. ADC Analyzer supports virtual ADC evaluation using Analog Devices proprietary behavioral modeling technology. This allows rapid comparison between multiple ADCs, with or without hardware evaluation boards. For more information, see the AN-737 Application Note at www.analog.com/ADIsimADC.
- USB Port Connection to PC. The PC interface is a USB 2.0 (1.1-compatible) connection. A USB cable is provided in the kit.
- FIFO of 32 kB. The FIFO stores data from the ADC for processing. A pin-compatible FIFO family is used for easy upgrading.
- Up to 133 MSPS Encode Rate on Each Channel. Single-channel ADCs with encode rates of up to 133 MSPS can be used with the FIFO board. Multichannel and demultiplexed output ADCs can also be used with the FIFO board with clock rates up to 266 MSPS.
- Supports ADC with Serial Port Interface (SPI). Some ADCs include a feature set that can be changed via the SPI. The FIFO supports these features through the existing USB connection to the computer without requiring additional cabling.