Features and BenefitsEvaluation Kit Contains
- 73S1217F Evaluation Board: 4-layer, rectangular PWB as shown in Figure 1 in the full data sheet(identification number E1217FN12B1 Rev B), containing the 73S1217F with the preloaded USB CCID application.
- USB cable, A-B, male/male, 2 meters (Digi-key AE9932-ND).
- 5 VDC power supply.
- CD containing documentation (data sheet, and user guides), Software API libraries, evaluation code and utilities.
The Teridian Semiconductor Corporation (TSC) 73S1217F Evaluation Board is used as a platform to demonstrate the capabilities of the 73S1217F Smart Card Controller devices. It has been designed to operate either as a standalone or a development platform.
The 73S1217F Evaluation Board can be programmed to run any of the Teridian turnkey applications or a user-developed custom application. Teridian provides its USB CCID application preloaded on the board and an EMV testing application on the CD.
Applications can be downloaded through the In-Circuit-Emulator (ICE) or through the TSC Flash Programmer Model TFP2. As a development tool, the evaluation board has been designed to operate in conjunction with an ICE to develop and debug 73S1217F based embedded applications.
- Handheld PINpad Smart Card Readers (Battery and/or USB Bus Powered; Connected, Unconnected, and Combo (USB and/or Serial))
- Smart Card Readers
- Transparent Smart Card and SIM Readers
- USB Readers and USB Keys
Documentation & Resources
UG-4783: 73S1217F Evaluation Board Lite Quick Start Guide7/28/2010
UG-4776: 73S1215F, 73S1217F Device Firmware Upgrade Host Driver/Application Development User's Guide7/28/2010
UG-4775: 73S12xxF USB-CCID Linux DFU Host Application User's Guide7/28/2010
UG-4779: 73S1215F, 73S1217F CCID USB Linux Driver Installation Guide7/28/2010
UG-4777: 73S12xxF USB-CCID Host GUI User's Guide7/28/2010
UG-4782: 73S1217F Evaluation Board Quick Start Guide7/28/2010
UG-4778: 73S1215F, 73S1217F Windows XP 32 USB CCID and DFU Drivers Installation Guide7/28/2010
UG-4763: 73S12xxF Software User Guide7/27/2010
UG-4762: Using Synchronous Smart Cards with the 73S12xxF User's Guide7/27/2010