Features and BenefitsDemo Kit Contents
- 71M6531 Demo Board containing 71M6531D/F IC with preloaded Demo Program and prepared for either CT or shunt resistor operation
- Debug Board
- Shunt resistor with wire harness, 400µO (for kits shipped in shunt configuration)
- Two 5VDC/1,000mA universal wall transformers w/ 2.5mm plug (Switchcraft 712A)
- Serial cable, DB9, Male/Female, 2m length (Digi-Key AE1379-ND)
- CD-ROM containing documentation (data sheet, board schematics, BOM, layout), Demo Code, and utilities
The TERIDIAN Semiconductor Corporation (TSC) 71M6531 Demo Board is an energy meter IC demonstration board for evaluating the 71M6531D/F device for residential electronic energy metering applications. It incorporates a 71M6531D/F integrated circuit, peripheral circuitry such as a serial EEPROM, emulator port, and on-board power supply as well as a companion Debug Board that allows a connection to a PC through a RS232 port. The Demo Board allows the evaluation of the 71M6531D/F energy meter controller chip for measurement accuracy and overall system use.
The board is pre-programmed with a Demo Program (file name 6531_demo.hex) in the FLASH memory of the 71M6531D/F IC. This embedded application is developed to exercise all low-level functions to directly manage the peripherals and CPU (clock, timing, power savings, etc.).
- High-End Residential Meters, AMR/AMI, and TOU