±0.5% Accurate Supervisors Target Very Low Voltage Components
Analog Devices announces the Power by Linear™ LTC2962-LTC2964 family of exceptionally accurate 4-channel voltage supervisors for increased system voltage margin and enhanced reliability. ASIC, FPGA, DSP, MCU and MPU architectures that operate from supplies as low as 1V cannot utilize traditional 1%-2% accurate voltage supervisors without shedding valuable system voltage margin and shrinking the remaining load operating voltage range. The LTC2962 family possesses a best-in-class ±0.5% reset threshold accuracy, which relaxes power supply demands, increases system tolerance to transients, and enabling a lower nominal supply to dramatically reduce power consumption. The LTC2962 family fulfills many network, telecom and automotive requirements with its high accuracy, flexible 1V to 5V (or adjustable) reset thresholds, and wide operating temperature range.
- View the LTC2962-64 product page, download the data sheet and order samples: http://www.analog.com/LTC2962.
A unique feature set differentiates the LTC2962 family in the low power voltage monitor market, making it an excellent choice for many multi-rail applications. For each channel, one of 16 preset or adjustable, ±0.5% accurate, voltage thresholds can be easily selected for undervoltage, overvoltage or negative monitoring. The supervisory circuits monitor inputs and drive the outputs according to the configured thresholds. Alternatively, a manual reset input is also available for optional use of a pushbutton switch to force a system reset. Ordering options include a watchdog with adjustable timers (LTC2963-1) and individual comparator open-drain outputs for each channel (LTC2964). An adjustable timeout period is available on all devices.
The LTC2962 family is available today in multiple temperature grades: 0°C to 70°C (C grade), –40°C to 85°C (I grade), and –40°C to 125°C (H grade). The LTC2962 is available in a 16-lead 3mm × 3mm QFN, while the LTC2963-1 and LTC2964 are available in a 20-lead 3mm × 4mm QFN. For more information, visit www.analog.com/LTC2962.
Summary of Features: LTC2962-64
- Simultaneously Monitor Four Power Supplies
- ±0.5% Threshold Accuracy over Temperature
- Selectable –4% &–6% Thresholds per Supply: 5V, 3.3.V, 2.5V, 1.8V, 1.5V, 1.2V & 1V and ±ADJ
- Adjustable Reset Timeout
- Push-Pull or Open-Drain/Reset Output
- Margin Pin/RDIS for Reset Disable
- Wide Temperature Range (–40°C to 125°C)
- Watchdog (LTC2963-1) & Individual Output (LTC2964) Options
- 16-Lead 3mm × 3mm QFN (LTC2962) & 20-Lead 3mm × 4mm QFN (LTC2963-1, LTC2964)
Pricing & Availability Product Production Availability Price Each Per 1,000 Package LTC2962 Now Starts at $1.98 16-Lead 3mm × 3mm QFN LTC2963-1 Now Starts at $2.23 20-Lead 3mm × 4mm QFN LTC2964 Now Starts at $2.23 20-Lead 3mm × 4mm QFN
- About Analog Devices
- Analog Devices (Nasdaq: ADI) is a leading global high-performance analog technology company dedicated to solving the toughest engineering challenges. We enable our customers to interpret the world around us by intelligently bridging the physical and digital with unmatched technologies that sense, measure, power, connect and interpret. Visit http://www.analog.com
Subscribe to Analog Dialogue, ADI's monthly technical journal, at: http://www.analog.com/analog-dialogue
All registered trademarks and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.