Dual 10A, Single 20A Ultrathin µModule Regulator with Digital Power System Management
Analog Devices announces the Power by Linear™ LTM4686, a dual 10A or single 20A ultrathin step-down µModule® regulator with a PMBus interface housed in a 16mm × 11.9mm × 1.82mm LGA package. The 1.82mm package height allows the LTM4686 to be placed on a PC board very close to its load such as an FPGA or ASIC, while sharing one heat sink covering both low-profile packages. The ultrathin package allows the LTM4686 to be mounted on the backside of a PCB, freeing topside space for components such as memory and transceiver ICs. This makes the LTM4686 suitable for height-restricted applications such as rack-mounted telecom switches and routers, raid systems, and test and measurement equipment. The PMBus interface enables users to measure and alter key power parameters such as voltage, load current and temperature. Users can also program sequencing, fault thresholds and responses via PMBus, storing values and fault log data in the onboard EEPROM.
- View the LTM4686 product page, download the data sheet, order samples and evaluation boards: www.analog.com/LTM4686
- See the LTM4686 TechClip video: www.analog.com/LTM4686-video
The LTM4686 operates from 4.5V to 17V and the LTM4686-1 from 2.375V to 17V input supplies. These modules regulate an output from 0.5V to 3.6V with ±0.5% maximum DC output error over temperature, ̶ 40°C to 125°C. They deliver 80% efficiency at 12VIN to 1.0VOUT at a full load condition. The LTM4686 can deliver 18A from a 5VIN to a 1VOUT at 85°C ambient with 400LFM air flow. Current mode control enable operation in a parallel configuration, to deliver increased output current. Its internal switching frequency is settable from 250kHz to 1MHz and can be synchronized to an external clock from 250kHz to 1MHz for noise-sensitive applications.
The LTM4686 configurable offers protection features, including overvoltage and undervoltage, overcurrent and overtemperature. If a fault occurs, data is saved automatically to the EEPROM, and the fault log can be retrieved over an I2C interface, where it can then be analyzed. To evaluate the performance of the LTM4686, the LTpowerPlay® GUI DC1613 USB-to-PMBus converter DC2086 programing adapter and demo kits are available. For more information, visit www.analog.com/LTM4686.
Summary of Features: LTM4686
- Dual, Fast Analog Loops with Digital Interface for Control & Monitoring
- Dual 10A or Single 20A Output
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 4.5V to 17V, 2.375V to 17V with Aux 5V Bias (LTM4686-1)
- Output Voltage Range: 0.5V to 3.6V
- ±0.5% Maximum DC Output Error Over Temperature
- Constant Frequency Current Mode Control
- Parallel & Current Share Multiple Modules
- Onboard EEPROM
- Ultrathin 16mm × 11.9mm × 1.82mm LGA Package
Pricing & Availability Product Production Availability Price Each per 1,000 Package LTM4686 Now Starts at $23.23 16mm × 11.9mm × 1.82mm LGA
- About Analog Devices
- Analog Devices (Nasdaq: ADI) is a leading global high-performance analog technology company dedicated to solving the toughest engineering challenges. We enable our customers to interpret the world around us by intelligently bridging the physical and digital with unmatched technologies that sense, measure, power, connect and interpret. Visit http://www.analog.com
Subscribe to Analog Dialogue, ADI's monthly technical journal, at: http://www.analog.com/analog-dialogue
All registered trademarks and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.