Dual Rail-to-Rail 100V Power Monitor Measures Current and Voltage with ±0.3% Accuracy
Analog Devices, Inc., which recently acquired Linear Technology Corporation, announces the LTC2992, a wide range I2C system monitor that monitors the current, voltage and power of two 0V to 100V rails without additional circuitry. The LTC2992 has flexible power supply options, deriving power from a 3V to 100V monitored supply, a 2.7V to 100V secondary supply, or from the on-board shunt regulator. These supply options eliminate the need for a separate buck regulator, shunt regulator or inefficient resistive divider while monitoring any 0V to 100V rail. The LTC2992 is a simple, single-IC solution that uses three delta-sigma ADCs and a multiplier to provide 8- or 12-bit current and voltage measurements and 24-bit power readings.
The LTC2992’s wide operating range is ideal for many applications, especially 48V telecom equipment, advanced mezzanine cards (AMC) and blade servers. The on-board shunt regulator provides support for supplies greater than 100V and negative supply monitoring. The LTC2992 measures current and voltage either continuously or on-demand, calculates power and stores all of this information along with minimum and maximum values in I2C accessible registers. Four GPIOs can also be configured as ADC inputs to measure neighboring auxiliary voltages. Measurements are made with only ±0.3% of total unadjusted error (TUE) over the entire temperature range. If any parameter trips the user-programmable thresholds, the LTC2992 flags an alert register and pin per the SMBus alert response protocol. The 400kHz I2C interface features nine device addresses, a stuck bus reset timer, and a split SDA pin that simplifies I2C opto-isolation. The LTC2992-1 version offers an inverted data output I2C pin for use with inverting opto-isolator configurations.
The LTC2992 and LTC2992-1 are offered in commercial, industrial and automotive versions, supporting operating temperature ranges from 0°C to 70°C, –40°C to 85°C and –40°C to 125°C, respectively. Both versions are available today in RoHS-compliant, 16-lead 4mm × 3mm DFN and 16-lead MSOP packages. Pricing starts at $3.85 each in 1,000-piece quantities. Please visit www.linear.com/products/power_monitors for more product selection and information.
Summary of Features: LTC2992
- Rail-to-Rail Input Range: 0V to 100V
- Wide Input Supply Range: 2.7V to 100V
- Shunt Regulator for Supplies >100V
- Three Delta-Sigma ADCs with Less Than ±0.3% TUE
- 12-Bit Resolution for Currents & Voltages
- Four GPIOs Configurable as ADC Inputs
- Shutdown Mode with IQ < 50µA
- I2C Interface
- Split SDA Pin Eases Opto-Isolation
- Available in 16-Lead 4mm × 3mm DFN & 16-Lead MSOP Packages
Pricing shown is for budgetary use only and may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.
- About Analog Devices
- Analog Devices (NASDAQ: ADI) is the leading global high-performance analog technology company dedicated to solving the toughest engineering challenges. We enable our customers to interpret the world around us by intelligently bridging the physical and digital with unmatched technologies that sense, measure, power, connect and interpret. Visit http://www.analog.com