60V, 3A Silent Switcher µModule Regulator in 6.25mm × 9mm BGA Package is CISPR 22 Class B Compliant
Analog Devices, Inc., which recently acquired Linear Technology Corporation, announces the LTM8073, a µModule® (power module) step-down regulator with up to 60V input voltage range (65V abs max). The device can safely operate from unregulated or fluctuating 24V to 48V input supplies in noisy environments such as communication infrastructure, factory automation, industrial robotics and avionics systems. The Silent Switcher® architecture minimizes EMC/EMI emissions, enabling the LTM8073 to pass CISPR 22 Class B for use in signal processing applications, including imaging and RF systems.
The output voltage is adjustable with one resistor from 0.8V to 15V. This wide output voltage range provides the versatility of using one product to generate common system bus voltages of 3.3V, 5V, 12V and 15V. The efficiency at 24VIN to 5VOUT at 3A is 90%. The LTM8073 delivers 3A of output current up to 85°C ambient without a heat sink or airflow. The device features a SHARE pin for current sharing, so it can operate in parallel to deliver more current.
The LTM8073 houses a switching regulator controller, power switches, inductor and other supporting components in a 6.25mm × 9mm × 3.32mm BGA package. Only the bulk input and output capacitors and a few small resistors are required to complete the design. The switching frequency is adjustable by an external single resistor or can be synchronized to an external clock from 200kHz to 3MHz. The LTM8073 has four operating modes: Burst Mode® operation, pulse-skipping mode, pulse-skipping mode with spread spectrum and external sync mode.
The LTM8073 operating temperature range is –40°C to 125°C. 1,000-piece pricing starts at $10.58 each. For more information, visit www.linear.com/product/LTM8073.
Summary of Features: LTM8073
- Complete Step-Down Switch Mode Power Supply
- Low Noise Silent Switcher® Architecture
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 3.4V to 60V
- Wide Output Voltage Range: 0.8V to 15V
- 3A Continuous Output Current, 5A Peak
- Operates in Parallel for Increased Output Current
- Selectable Switching Frequency: 200kHz to 3MHz
- Programmable Soft-Start
- Tiny, Low Profile 6.25mm × 9mm × 3.32mm RoHS Compliant BGA Package
Pricing shown is for budgetary use only and may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.
- About Analog Devices
- Analog Devices (NASDAQ: ADI) is the leading global high-performance analog technology company dedicated to solving the toughest engineering challenges. We enable our customers to interpret the world around us by intelligently bridging the physical and digital with unmatched technologies that sense, measure, power, connect and interpret. Visit http://www.analog.com
Editor's Contact Information
- Doug Dickinson