58VIN, 24W, Inverting µModule Regulator Is EN55022 Class B Compliant
Analog Devices, Inc., which recently acquired Linear Technology Corporation, announces the LTM4651, a nonisolated inverting output µModule® regulator that can generate –26.5V to –0.5V output from a positive input supply voltage. The LTM4651 operates over a 3.6V to 58V input voltage range and is housed in a 15mm × 9mm × 5.01mm BGA package, a compact solution, providing –5VOUT, –12VOUT, –15VOUT and –24VOUT from industrial standard 5VIN, 12VIN or 24VIN supplies. The LTM4651 is designed to meet the EN55022 Class B EMC standard for Information Technology Equipment. The combination of a wide voltage range and low EMI operation makes it suitable for applications in harsh environments such as test and measurement, industrial, factory automation, process control, medical devices, imaging and communications.
The LTM4651 includes a DC/DC inverting regulator, inductor, MOSFETs and compensation circuitry. The LTM4651 is designed as a standalone inverting regulator solution without need of any external circuitry. This contrasts with alternative solutions, which require added level-shift circuitry.
The LTM4651’s output current capability is up to 4A or 24W of output power. For higher output power, multiple LTM4651 devices can be operated in parallel. The supported switching frequency range is 250kHz to 3MHz, set by a single resistor. The LTM4651 features overcurrent and overtemperature protection.
The LTM4651 operating temperature range is –40°C to 125°C. 1,000-piece pricing starts at $14.75 each. For more information, visit www.linear.com/product/LTM4651.
Summary of Features: LTM4651
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 3.6V to 58V
- Up to 4A Output Current
- 24W Output from 12VIN to –24VOUT, PLOSS = 5W, TA = 60°C, tRISE = 60°C, 200LFM
- Output Voltage Range: –26.5V ≤ VOUT– ≤ –0.5V
- Safe Operating Area: VIN + |VOUT–| ≤ 58V
- ±1.67% Total DC Output Voltage Error Over Line, Load & Temperature (–40°C to 125°C)
- Parallel & Current Share with Multiple LTM4651s
- EN55022 Class B Compliant
- 15mm × 9mm × 5.01mm BGA Package
Pricing shown is for budgetary use only and may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.
- About Analog Devices
- Analog Devices (NASDAQ: ADI) is the leading global high-performance analog technology company dedicated to solving the toughest engineering challenges. We enable our customers to interpret the world around us by intelligently bridging the physical and digital with unmatched technologies that sense, measure, power, connect and interpret. Visit http://www.analog.com
Editor's Contact Information
- Doug Dickinson