2A, 2MHz, 60V Boost/SEPIC/Inverter DC/DC Converter with IQ = 9µA
Analog Devices, Inc., which recently acquired Linear Technology Corporation, announces the LT8362, a current mode, 2MHz step-up DC/DC converter with an internal 2A, 60V switch. It operates from an input voltage range of 2.8V to 60V, suitable for applications with input sources ranging from a single-cell Li-Ion battery to automotive and industrial inputs. The LT8362 can be configured as either a boost, SEPIC or an inverting converter. Its switching frequency can be programmed between 300kHz and 2MHz, enabling designers to minimize external component sizes and avoid critical frequency bands, such as AM radio. Furthermore, it offers over 90% efficiency while switching at 2MHz. Burst Mode® operation reduces quiescent current to only 9µA while keeping output ripple below 15mVP-P. The combination of a 3mm × 3mm DFN or high voltage MSOP-16E package and tiny externals ensures a highly compact footprint while minimizing solution cost.
The LT8362’s 165mΩ switch delivers efficiencies of over 95%. It also offers spread spectrum frequency modulation to minimize EMI concerns. A single feedback pin sets the output voltage whether the output is positive or negative, minimizing pin count. Other features include external synchronization, programmable UVLO, internal soft-start, frequency foldback and programmable soft-start.
The LT8362EDD is available in a 3mm × 3mm DFN-10 package and the LT8362EMSE is available in a high voltage MSOP-16E (4 pins removed for high voltage). Pricing starts at $2.95 each for 1,000-piece quantities. Industrial temperature (–40°C to 125°C) versions, the LT8362IDD and the LT8362IMSE, are also available. High temperature (–40°C to 150°C) versions, the LT8362HDD and the LT8362HMSE, are also available. All versions are available from stock. For more information, visit www.linear.com/product/LT8362.
Summary of Features: LT8362
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 2.8V to 60V
- Ultralow Quiescent Current & Low Ripple Burst Mode® Operation: IQ = 9μA
- 2A, 60V Power Switch
- Positive or Negative Output Voltage Programming with a Single Feedback Pin
- Programmable Frequency: 300kHz to 2MHz
- Synchronizable to an External Clock
- Spread Spectrum Frequency Modulation for Low EMI
- BIAS Pin for Higher Efficiency
- Programmable Undervoltage Lockout (UVLO)
- Thermally Enhanced 10-Lead 3mm × 3mm DFN & High Voltage Pin Spacing Version of 16-Lead MSOP packages
Pricing shown is for budgetary use only and may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.
- About Analog Devices
- Analog Devices (NASDAQ: ADI) is the leading global high-performance analog technology company dedicated to solving the toughest engineering challenges. We enable our customers to interpret the world around us by intelligently bridging the physical and digital with unmatched technologies that sense, measure, power, connect and interpret. Visit http://www.analog.com
Editor's Contact Information
- Doug Dickinson