Analog Devices’ Optical Sensor Improves Reliability of Gesture Recognition Applications
Jun 20 2016 - Sensors Expo & Conference, San Jose, CA
- Analog Devices, Inc. (ADI) today announced an optical sensor for gesture recognition, which improves sensing accuracy and reliability over existing solutions by measuring a subject’s position, proximity, and gestures from a single sensor. Competitive solutions requiring multiple sensors are often inaccurate, as the sensors “see” objects differently from varying angles making the signals difficult to combine. The single-point sensing used in the ADUX1020 optical sensor improves reliability of the application and reduces design complexity and cost for the system developer by requiring fewer components. Gesture recognition is an emerging user interface method in building and industrial control panels, where a user interacts with a device simply by motioning or gesturing. It is especially important in situations where touch-screen interfaces are challenged, such as in wet conditions, when a user is wearing gloves, or when a control panel is difficult to reach.
- View the ADUX1020 product page, download data sheets, order samples and evaluation boards: http://www.analog.com/ADUX1020.html
- Learn about ADI’s optical sensor product portfolio
- Connect with engineers and ADI product experts on EngineerZone®, an online technical support community: https://ez.analog.com/welcome
In addition to single-point sensing, the ADUX1020 optical sensor features high ambient light rejection, which allows reliable and accurate operation under challenging lighting conditions. This too results in a more reliable application end user experience. Other optical sensors are often challenged by ambient light from sources like full sun, high frequency LED and fluorescents, all of which can disrupt the sensor’s ability to interpret gestures accurately.
Analog Devices will be demonstrating the ADUX1020 optical sensor in booth #516 at the Sensors Expo & Conference, June 22-23 at the McEnery Convention Center, San Jose, CA.
Pricing and Availability
Price Each Per 1,000 Packaging ADUX1020BCPZ Now Now $3.49 2 mm x 3 mm, 8-lead LFCSP ADUX1020BCP-EVAL-SDP Now Now 1 unit @ $119.00 Main eval board ADUX1020BCPZ-EVALZ-LED Now Now 1 unit @ $29.00 Add-on board with high-power LED for longer range operation
- About Analog Devices
- Analog Devices (NASDAQ: ADI) designs and manufactures semiconductor products and solutions. We enable our customers to interpret the world around us by intelligently bridging the physical and digital with unmatched technologies that sense, measure and connect. Visit http://www.analog.com
Editor's Contact Information
- Linda Kincaid