Analog Devices Simplifies Wireless System Design with RadioVerse™ Technology and Design Ecosystem
New ecosystem includes the AD9371 integrated wideband RF transceiver, enabling simple, versatile solutions for wireless infrastructure, aerospace and defense, and instrumentation applications.May 23 2016 - Norwood, MA
- Analog Devices, Inc. (ADI) today unveiled the RadioVerse™ technology and design ecosystem, which provides customers with integrated transceiver technologies, a robust design environment, and market-specific technical expertise to move their radio designs from concept to creation quickly. The new ecosystem’s transceiver technologies reduce radio size, weight and power (SWaP), while the design environment offers board support packages, software and tools to help customers simplify and accelerate radio development across a range of applications including wireless infrastructure, aerospace and defense electronics, and electronic test and measurement. RadioVerse is redefining radio design at the circuit, architecture, system and software levels to simplify integration and speed customers’ time-to-market.
As part of the RadioVerse technology and design ecosystem release, ADI introduced the AD9371, the latest addition to the integrated wideband RF transceiver product series. It is a highly versatile, carrier-grade, system-on-chip radio solution that achieves a wide RF tuning range of 300 MHz to 6 GHz, 100-MHz signal bandwidth, and power consumption of less than 5W under standard operating conditions. It replaces or eliminates as many as 20 discrete radio components and can be used as a common design platform across multiple applications and standards, increasing R&D efficiency and reducing time-to-market of the end product. Other products in the wideband RF transceiver series include the AD9361 and AD9364.
- Learn more about the RadioVerse technology and design ecosystem including the wideband RF transceiver product series: http://www.analog.com/RadioVerse
- View the AD9371 RF wideband transceiver product page, download data sheets, order samples and evaluation boards: http://www.analog.com/AD9371
“ADI’s RadioVerse technology and design ecosystem demonstrates our system-level approach to innovation through which we deliver solutions that go beyond silicon to enable designers to get to market faster and reduce their costs,” said Rick Hess, executive vice president, Communications Business Group, Analog Devices. “RadioVerse’s industry-leading radio technology gives our customers a competitive advantage to be innovative for their customers.”
RadioVerse Technology and Design Ecosystem Accelerates Time-to-Market
ADI’s RadioVerse technology and design ecosystem accelerates customer time-to-market by providing integrated RF transceivers, software API, design support packages, robust documentation, access to ADI’s EngineerZone® online technical support community, and more. RadioVerse provides integrated wideband RF transceiver evaluation boards that directly connect to an FPGA development platform, allowing customers to perform chip-level performance evaluation and rapid prototyping of complete wireless scenarios using a single hardware platform. The boards are supported by a toolkit that includes HDL, Linux drivers, software API, a GUI, and design files necessary for customers to kick-start their own designs. An exact, verified model of the AD9371 transceiver, enabling advanced simulation and analysis of the transceiver, can be developed by using MATLAB and Simulink. End users can then use the model to configure the transceiver and verify performance, correct problems earlier, and accelerate completion of their RF system design.
The RadioVerse design environment will continue to expand to include third-party design houses, COTS providers and other partners to further enable customers to rapidly deploy their products to market.
Highest Bandwidth Integrated RF Transceiver Offers Performance and Flexibility
The AD9371 integrated wideband RF transceiver is ideal for applications such as wireless communications, aerospace and defense electronics, and electronic test and measurement equipment that require high-performance radios across a wideband frequency range while maintaining industry leading low-power consumption levels. The AD9371 covers a 300-MHz to 6-GHz frequency range and supports receiver and transmit large signal instantaneous bandwidths up to 100 MHz, observation receiver and transmit synthesis bandwidths up to 250 MHz, fully integrated LO and clocking functions, and highly advanced on-chip calibration and correction algorithms. It supports a wide range of standards and applications, and enables customers to reduce component and development costs by reducing their need for multiple design variants. The versatility, ease-of-use, and reduced SWaP of the AD9371 enable designers to deploy radios in an array of applications:
- Small-form-factor, multi-band base stations on buildings, light poles, and office walls
- Long-range, high-definition video links in unmanned aerial vehicles
- Wide bandwidth military satellite communication systems
- Electronic test and measurement equipment supporting testing of multi-mode, multi-band applications.
Pricing and Availability
Price Each in
Package AD9371 Now July 2016 $245 12mm x 12mm,
- About Analog Devices
- Analog Devices (NASDAQ: ADI) designs and manufactures semiconductor products and solutions. We enable our customers to interpret the world around us by intelligently bridging the physical and digital with unmatched technologies that sense, measure and connect. Visit http://www.analog.com
RadioVerse is a trademark and EngineerZone is a registered trademark of Analog Devices, Inc.
Subscribe to Analog Dialogue, ADI's monthly technical journal, at:
Editor's Contact Information
- Linda Kincaid