100V No-Opto Flyback Regulator Delivers Up to 5 Watts in TSOT-23 Package
Linear Technology Corporation announces the LT8303, a monolithic flyback regulator in a TSOT-23 package that significantly simplifies the design of isolated DC/DC converters. By sampling the isolated output voltage directly from the primary-side flyback waveform, the part requires no opto-isolator, LT1431 or third winding for regulation. The LT8303 operates over a 5.5V to 100V input voltage range, has a 0.45A/150V integrated DMOS power switch and delivers up to 5 watts of output power, making it well suited for a wide range of telecom, datacom, automotive, industrial, medical and military applications.
The output voltage is set with only one external resistor and the transformer turns ratio. Several off-the-shelf transformers, identified in the data sheet, can be used for numerous applications. The LT8303 operates in boundary mode, which is a variable frequency current mode control switching scheme, typically resulting in ±5% output voltage regulation over the full line, load and temperature range. Boundary mode enables the use of a smaller transformer compared to equivalent continuous conduction mode designs. The high level of integration and the use of low ripple Burst Mode® operation result in a simple to use, low component count and high efficiency application solution for isolated power delivery.
Additional features include output short-circuit protection, 70µA no load operating quiescent current, internal loop compensation, accurate enable and undervoltage lockout with hysteresis.
Extended and industrial versions operate over a junction temperature range of –40°C to 125°C. Pricing starts at $3.15 each in 1000-piece quantities. For more information, visit www.linear.com/product/LT8303.
Summary of Features: LT8303
- VIN Range from 5.5V to 100V
- Up to 5W of Output Power
- On-board 0.45A, 150V Integrated DMOS Power Switch
- Off-the-Shelf Power Transformers
- No Opto-Isolator, LT1431 or Third Winding Required for Voltage Feedback
- 70µA Quiescent Current
- Boundary Mode Operation
- VOUT Set with One External Resistor
- Internal Loop Compensation
- Accurate Input Enable & Undervoltage Lockout with Hysteresis
- Small 5-Lead TSOT Package
Pricing shown is for budgetary use only and may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.
- About Analog Devices
- Analog Devices (NASDAQ: ADI) designs and manufactures semiconductor products and solutions. We enable our customers to interpret the world around us by intelligently bridging the physical and digital with unmatched technologies that sense, measure and connect. Visit http://www.analog.com
Editor's Contact Information
- Doug Dickinson