Highly Integrated AFE for Power Quality Monitoring Saves Significant Design Time and Cost Versus Custom Development
Oct 18 2016 -Norwood, MA
- Analog Devices, Inc. (ADI) today introduced a highly integrated polyphase analog front end (AFE) with power quality analysis designed to help extend the health and life of industrial equipment while saving developers significant time and cost over custom solutions. Achieving extremely accurate, high-performance power quality monitoring typically requires customized development, which can be expensive and time-consuming. The ADE9000 AFE is an off-the-shelf solution with embedded power quality algorithms and integrated with high-performance analog-to-digital converters (ADCs) in one single device. This integration simplifies additional complex algorithm programming, reduces cost and component count, and increases speed to market while still achieving high accuracy and enabling EN61000-4-30 Class S for power quality. Equipment in factories, hospitals, commercial buildings, and other settings is often susceptible to service interruption, premature failure, and long-term damage caused by disturbances and variations in the power supply, known as pollution. In many cases, this pollution in the power supply can go undetected before damaging expensive equipment. The ADE9000 AFE enables designers of power quality monitoring solutions to measure and analyze pollution in order to prevent these disruptions and long-term damage, primarily for three-phase power meters.
- View product page, download data sheet, order samples and evaluation boards: http://www.analog.com/ADE9000
- Learn about Analog Devices’ energy measurement ICs portfolio: http://www.analog.com/en/products/analog-to-digital-converters/integrated-special-purpose-converters/energy-metering-ics.html
- Read the product highlight to learn more about the ADE9000: http://www.analog.com/media/en/news-marketing-collateral/product-highlight/ADE9000-Product-Highlight.pdf
- Connect with engineers and ADI product experts on EngineerZone®, an online technical support community: https://ez.analog.com/welcome
The ADE9000 AFE integrates seven high-performance ADCs, a high-end reference, a flexible digital signal processing (DSP) core, and proprietary algorithms into a single convenient device. High accuracy is driven by the ADCs and reference which provide low drift over temperature and the highest accuracy over the widest dynamic range. Pre-programmed proprietary power quality software provide real-time monitoring and harmonic analysis, including magnitude and phase information. This enables timely and cost-saving corrective action when necessary. For power system meter designers who do not require the advanced power quality features of the ADE9000, the ADE9078 energy metering AFE is available for polyphase utility grade meter applications.
Product Pricing and Availability Product Sample Availability Production Availability Price Each per 1,000 Packaging ADE9000 Power Quality Monitor Now January 2017 $6.39 40-Lead LFCSP package
ADE9000 Evaluation Board
ADE9078 Polyphase Utility Meter Now Now $5.85 40-lead LFCSP package ADE9078 Evaluation Board
- About Analog Devices
- Analog Devices (NASDAQ: ADI) designs and manufactures semiconductor products and solutions. We enable our customers to interpret the world around us by intelligently bridging the physical and digital with unmatched technologies that sense, measure and connect. Visit http://www.analog.com
EngineerZone is a registered trademark of Analog Devices, Inc.
Read and subscribe to Analog Dialogue, ADI’s monthly technical journal, at: http://www.analog.com/analog-dialogue
Editor's Contact Information
Global PR Manager
- Linda Kincaid