Automotive 2A, 70V SEPIC/Boost Converter with 9µA Quiescent Current Includes Power-On Reset & Watchdog Timer
Linear Technology Corporation announces the LT8495, a current mode, fixed frequency SEPIC/boost DC/DC converter with an internal 2A, 70V switch. Ultralow quiescent current of only 9µA makes it ideal for always on automotive systems, and its integrated power-on reset (POR) and watchdog timer offer enhanced system reliability required in automotive and industrial applications. The LT8495 starts up from an input voltage range of 2.5V to 32V, and once running, it operates from inputs of 1V to 60V, making it suitable for applications with input sources ranging from a single-cell Li-Ion to automotive inputs. The LT8495 can be configured as either a boost, SEPIC or flyback converter. Its switching frequency is programmable via a single resistor between 250kHz and 1.5MHz, minimizing external component sizes. The combination of a thermally enhanced TSSOP-20E package and tiny externals ensures a very compact footprint while reducing solution cost.
The LT8495’s internal, high efficiency 2A switch delivers efficiencies of up to 83% while operating in a SEPIC configuration. A unique design using dual supply pins (VIN and BIAS) enables the device to operate from the most efficient supply, optimizing efficiency over a wide range of conditions. The LT8495 can operate with input supply voltages up to 60V for SEPIC topologies and up to 32V, with ride-through protection in boost and flyback topologies. The reset and watchdog timeout periods are independently adjustable using external capacitors. Other features include an FMEA tolerant package, programmable soft-start and thermal shutdown protection.
The LT8495 is available in a thermally enhanced TSSOP-20 package, priced starting at $2.95 each for 1,000 piece quantities. Industrial temperature (–40°C to 125°C) versions are also available. Both versions are in stock. For more information, go www.linear.com/product/lt8495.
Summary of Features: LT8495
- Wide Input Voltage Range of ∼1V to 60V (2.5V to 32V for Start-Up)
- Low Ripple Burst Mode® Operation
- 9µA IQ at 12VIN to 5.0VOUT
- Output Ripple (<10mV Typ)
- Dual Supply Pins:
- Improves Efficiency
- Reduces Minimum Supply Voltage to ∼1V after Start-Up to Extend Battery Life
- Integrated 2A/70V Power Switch
- Programmable Watchdog Timer Can Operate When VIN Supply Is Removed
- Programmable Power-On Reset Timer (POR) with RST Functional for Input Supply Down to 1.3V
- FMEA Fault Tolerant in TSSOP Package
- Fixed Frequency PWM, SEPIC/BOOST/FLYBACK Topologies
- Programmable Switching Frequency: 250kHz to 1.5MHz
- UVLO Programmable on SWEN and RSTIN Pins
- Soft-Start Programmable with One Capacitor
- 20-Lead TSSOP Package
2A, 70V SEPIC/Boost DC/DC Converter
The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.
- About Analog Devices
- Analog Devices designs and manufactures semiconductor products and solutions. We enable our customers to interpret the world around us by intelligently bridging the physical and digital with unmatched technologies that sense, measure and connect. Visit http://www.analog.com
Editor's Contact Information
- Doug Dickinson