60V/4A & 36V/8A Buck-Boost µModule Regulators In 15mm × 15mm BGA Package
Linear Technology Corporation introduces a new family of buck-boost µModule® (micromodule) regulators. The LTM8055 and LTM8056 seamlessly regulate an output voltage equal to, greater or less than the input voltage. Housed in 15mm × 15mm × 4.92mm BGA package, these devices include the inductor, DC/DC regulator, MOSFETs and the supporting components. The LTM8055 operates from input voltages ranging from 5V to 36V, delivering a load current up to 8A. The LTM8056 has a higher input voltage, up to 60V with 4A load current capability. The compact solution provided by these devices free PCB board space in systems such as battery operated devices, industrial control, avionics and solar-powered equipment.
36V/60V Buck-Boost µModule® Regulator
For battery charging or precision load current adjustment, both devices enable input and output average current limit setting. Moreover, input and output current can be monitored by measuring voltage on a signal pin. Switching frequency is adjustable from 100kHz to 800kHz, while each device can be synchronized to an external clock frequency from 200kHz to 700kHz. With one resistor, the output voltage can be adjusted from 1.2V to 36V (LTM8055) and 1.2V to 48V (LTM8056).
The LTM8055 and LTM8056 are operational for –40°C to 125°C and –55°C to 125°C, 1000-piece pricing starts at $22.00 each for both products. For more information, visit www.linear.com/product/LTM8055.
Summary of Features: LTM8055 & LTM8056
- Complete Buck-Boost µModule Regulators
- LTM8055: 5V to 36V Input, 1.2V to 36V Output, 8A
- LTM8056: 5V to 60V Input, 1.2V to 60V Output, 4A
- 15mm × 15mm × 4.92 BGA Package
- Input & Output Current Limit Set & Monitor
The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.
- About Analog Devices
- Innovation, performance, and excellence are the cultural pillars on which Analog Devices has built one of the longest standing, highest growth companies within the technology sector. Acknowledged industry-wide as the world leader in data conversion and signal conditioning technology, Analog Devices serves over 60,000 customers, representing virtually all types of electronic equipment. Analog Devices is headquartered in Norwood, Massachusetts, with design and manufacturing facilities throughout the world. Analog Devices is included in the S&P 500 Index.
Editor's Contact Information
- Doug Dickinson