500mA, 1.5MHz, 65V Boost DC/DC Converter
Linear Technology Corporation announces the LT8570 and LT8570-1 current mode, fixed frequency step-up DC/DC converters. The LT8570 uses an internal 500mA, 65V switch, whereas the LT8570-1 uses a 250mA, 65V switch. Both devices operate from an input voltage range of 2.55V to 40V, making them suitable for applications with input sources ranging from a single-cell Li-Ion to automotive inputs. Both the LT8570 and LT8570-1 can be configured as a boost, SEPIC or inverting converter. The LT8570-1’s smaller switch enables the use of a smaller inductor in lower current applications. Both parts offer a programmable switching frequency between 200kHz and 1.5MHz, enabling designers to minimize external component sizes. The combination of a 3mm × 3mm DFN package (or MSOP-8E) and tiny externals ensures a very compact footprint while minimizing solution cost.
The LT8570 and LT8570-1 use internal high efficiency switches, which deliver efficiencies up to 86%. Undervoltage lockout (UVLO) is user adjustable for optimal system performance. A single feedback resistor sets the output voltage, minimizing external components. Other features include external synchronization capability, internal soft-start, thermal shutdown protection and the ability to work in inverting and SEPIC applications.
The LT8570/-1 is available in both a 3mm × 3mm DFN-8 and a thermally enhanced MSOP-8 package. Two temperature grades are available, with operation from –40°C to 125°C (junction) for the extended and industrial grades. Pricing starts at $2.25 each for 1,000 piece quantities. Both versions are available from stock. For more information, www.linear.com/products/LT8570.
Summary of Features: LT8570/–1
- 65V Power Switch
- Current Limit Options of 0.5A (LT8570) or 0.25A (LT8570-1)
- Adjustable Switching Frequency
- Single Feedback Resistor Sets VOUT
- Synchronizable to External Clock
- High Gain SHDN Pin Accepts Slowly Varying Input Signals
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 2.55V to 40V
- Low VCESAT Switch
- Integrated Soft-Start Function
- Easily Configurable as a Boost, SEPIC or Inverting Converter
- User Configurable Undervoltage Lockout (UVLO)
- Pin Compatible with LT3580 & LT8580
- Tiny Thermally Enhanced 8-Lead 3mm × 3mm DFN and 8-Lead MSOP Packages
500mA/250mA, 65V Boost DC/DC Converter
The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.
- About Analog Devices
- Innovation, performance, and excellence are the cultural pillars on which Analog Devices has built one of the longest standing, highest growth companies within the technology sector. Acknowledged industry-wide as the world leader in data conversion and signal conditioning technology, Analog Devices serves over 60,000 customers, representing virtually all types of electronic equipment. Analog Devices is headquartered in Norwood, Massachusetts, with design and manufacturing facilities throughout the world. Analog Devices is included in the S&P 500 Index.
Editor's Contact Information
- Doug Dickinson