24-Bit 2Msps SAR ADC Achieves 145dB Dynamic Range
Linear Technology Corporation introduces the LTC2380-24, a breakthrough no latency 24-bit 2Msps successive approximation register (SAR) analog-to-digital converter (ADC). The LTC2380-24 features an integrated digital filter that averages 1 to 65,536 conversion results real time, dramatically improving the dynamic range from 101dB at 1.5Msps to 145dB at an output data rate of 30.5sps. This makes the LTC2380-24 ideal for seismic, medical and many other applications demanding high dynamic range.
24-Bit 2Msps SAR ADC with 145dB Dynamic Range
Using an on-chip digital filter to average conversion results, the LTC2380-24 eliminates the processing burden from the digital host, conserving digital resources and the associated power. Moreover, the LTC2380-24 allows results to be read out with a serial clock as low as 2MHz, easing interfacing to microprocessors, enabling use with slower devices. The LTC2380-24 achieves true 24-bit noise performance and features high DC accuracy with a maximum INL of ±3.5ppm while dissipating 28mW from a single 2.5V supply.
The LTC2380-24 is available in small MSOP-16 and 4mm × 3mm DFN-16 packages, priced starting at $31.95 each in 1,000 piece quantities. It is drop-in compatible with the LTC2378-20 family of 1Msps 0.5ppm INL no latency SAR ADCs, allowing easy system upgrades to 24 bits. Samples and demo boards may be requested at www.linear.com/product/LTC2380-24, or by contacting your local Linear Technology sales office.
Summary of Features: LTC2380-24
- Guaranteed 24-Bit No Missing Codes
- Integrated Digital Filter
- 101dB Dynamic Range (Typ) at 1.5Msps
- 145dB Dynamic Range (Typ) at 30.5sps
- ±0.5ppm INL (Typ)
- –117dB THD (Typ) at fIN = 2kHz
- Low Power: 28mW at 2Msps
- 50Hz/60Hz Rejection
- Single 2.5V Supply
- 16-Lead MSOP & 4mm × 3mm DFN Packages
The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.
- About Analog Devices
- Analog Devices designs and manufactures semiconductor products and solutions. We enable our customers to interpret the world around us by intelligently bridging the physical and digital with unmatched technologies that sense, measure and connect. Visit http://www.analog.com
Editor's Contact Information
- Doug Dickinson