Fast 16-bit 5Msps Dual SAR ADC Offers Flexible Differential Inputs with Wide Common Mode Range
Linear Technology Corporation introduces the LTC2323-16, a dual 16-bit 5Msps simultaneous sampling, successive approximation register (SAR) ADC with flexible differential inputs. The LTC2323-16 supports a wide input common mode range and simplifies system-level design by relaxing the signal conditioning requirements to drive the ADC with a wide range of analog signals up to Nyquist frequencies.
The LTC2323-16 leads a family of 16-, 14- and 12-bit SAR ADCs, featuring sample rates of 5Msps and 2Msps while achieving 81dB SNR at 16 bits, 80dB SNR at 14 bits and 73dB SNR at 12 bits. The 14- and 12-bit versions feature sign plus magnitude transfer functions, making them ideally suited for control loop applications. The LTC2323 family integrates a precision bandgap reference with low drift and guaranteed 20ppm/°C maximum temperature coefficient into a small 20mm2 QFN-28 package. The devices can be powered from a 3.3V or 5V supply and consume just 55mW with a 3.3V supply and 80mW with a 5V supply. The high speed SPI-compatible CMOS or LVDS serial interface is ideal for highly integrated high speed systems.
The LTC2323-16 is available today in commercial, industrial and automotive (–40°C to 125°C) temperature grades. Pricing begins at $13.95 each in 1,000-piece quantities. The DC1996A evaluation board for the LTC2323 SAR ADC family is available at www.linear.com/demo or via a local Linear Technology sales office. For more information, visit www.linear.com/product/LTC2323-16.
Summary of Features: LTC2323-16
- 5Msps Throughput Rate
- ±4LSB INL (Typ)
- Guaranteed 16-Bit, No Missing Codes
- 8VP-P Flexible Differential Inputs with Wide Input Common Mode Range
- 81dB SNR (Typ) at fIN = 2.2MHz
- -85dB THD (Typ) at fIN = 2.2MHz
- Guaranteed Operation to 125°C
- Single 3.3V or 5V Supply
- Low Drift (20ppm/&deC Max) 2.048V or 4.096V Internal Reference
- 1.8V to 2.5V I/O Voltages
- CMOS or LVDS SPI-Compatible Serial I/O
- Power Dissipation 40mW/Ch (Typ)
- Small 28-Lead (4mm × 5mm) QFN Package
Dual, 16-Bit, 5Msps, Simultaneous Sampling, Differential Input SAR ADC
- About Analog Devices
- Innovation, performance, and excellence are the cultural pillars on which Analog Devices has built one of the longest standing, highest growth companies within the technology sector. Acknowledged industry-wide as the world leader in data conversion and signal conditioning technology, Analog Devices serves over 60,000 customers, representing virtually all types of electronic equipment. Analog Devices is headquartered in Norwood, Massachusetts, with design and manufacturing facilities throughout the world. Analog Devices is included in the S&P 500 Index.
Editor's Contact Information
- Doug Dickinson