45V 500mA LDO Offers 25µVRMS Noise, Programmable Current Limit & Power Good
Linear Technology Corporation announces the LT3065, a high voltage, low noise, low dropout voltage linear regulator offering precision, programmable current limit and a power good flag. The device delivers up to 500mA output current with a 300mV dropout voltage at full load. It features a wide 1.8V to 45V input voltage range and output voltage is adjustable from 0.6V to 40V. A single REF/BYP pin capacitor provides low noise operation-only 25µVRMS across a 10Hz to 100kHz bandwidth, and also reference soft-start functionality, preventing output voltage overshoot at turn-on. Output voltage tolerance is highly accurate at ±2% over line, load and temperature.
The LT3065 operates with a very small, low cost, 3.3µF ceramic output capacitor, optimizing stability and transient response. The LT3065 PWRGD flag indicates output regulation. One resistor programs the external precision current limit (±10% over temperature). Moreover, the device’s internal protection circuitry includes reverse-battery protection, reverse-output protection, reverse-current protection, current limit with foldback, and thermal limiting. The device’s wide input and output voltage ranges, fast transient response, low quiescent current of 55µA (operating) and <1µA (in shutdown) make it an excellent choice for industrial power supplies, avionic power supplies, automotive power supplies, battery-powered systems and instruments requiring optimum run time, and high reliability power supplies requiring more extensive protection.
The LT3065 is available in thermally enhanced 10-lead 3mm × 3mm DFN and 12-lead MSOP packages, both with a compact footprint. The E- and I-grade versions are available from stock with an operating junction temperature of –40°C to +125°C, H grade is rated from –40°C to +150°C, and the MP-grade version is specified from –55 to +150°C. 1,000 piece pricing starts at $1.85 each for the E-grade. For more information, visit www.linear.com/product/lt3065.
Summary of Features: LT3065
- Output Current: 500mA
- Dropout Voltage: 300mV
- Input Voltage Range: 1.8V to 45V
- Programmable Precision Current Limit: ±10%
- Low Quiescent Current: 55µA
- Power Good Flag
- Low Noise: 25µVRMS (10Hz to 100kHz)
- Adjustable Output Voltage: 0.6V to 40V
- Single Capacitor Soft-Starts Reference & Lowers Output Noise
- Output Tolerance: ±2% Over Line, Load & Temperature
- Stable with Low ESR, Ceramic Output Capacitors (3.3µF minimum)
- Current Limit Foldback Protection
- Shutdown Current: <1µA
- Reverse Battery & Thermal Limit Protection
- 10-Lead 3mm × 3mm DFN & 12-Lead MSOP Packages
45VIN, 0.6VOUT 500mA Ultralow Noise LDO with Power Good Flag
- About Analog Devices
- Innovation, performance, and excellence are the cultural pillars on which Analog Devices has built one of the longest standing, highest growth companies within the technology sector. Acknowledged industry-wide as the world leader in data conversion and signal conditioning technology, Analog Devices serves over 60,000 customers, representing virtually all types of electronic equipment. Analog Devices is headquartered in Norwood, Massachusetts, with design and manufacturing facilities throughout the world. Analog Devices is included in the S&P 500 Index.
Editor's Contact Information
- Doug Dickinson