36V Monolithic 1A Push-Pull DC/DC Transformer Driver with Programmable Duty Cycle Control
Linear Technology Corporation announces the LT3999, a monolithic push-pull isolated DC/DC transformer driver with two 1A current limited power switches. The LT3999 operates over an input voltage range of 2.7V to 36V, is targeted for power levels up to 15W and can produce a wide range of output voltages. This makes it well suited for automotive, industrial, medical and military applications.
The programmable duty cycle and turns ratio of the transformer sets the output voltage. Several off-the-shelf transformers shown in the data sheet simplify the design. The switching frequency is adjustable from 50kHz to 1MHz and can be synchronized to an external clock. The LT3999 input operating voltage range is set with the precise undervoltage and overvoltage lockouts. The supply current is reduced to less than 1µA during shutdown. A user-defined RC time constant provides an adjustable soft-start capability by limiting the inrush current at start-up and an on-board cross-conduction prevention circuit increases reliability.
The LT3999 is available in thermally enhanced MSOP-10 and 3mm × 3mm DFN-10 packages. The LT3999 E- and I-grade versions operate from a –40°C to 125°C junction temperature. The LT3999 H grade is guaranteed to operate from a –40°C to 150°C operating junction temperature. The LT3999 MP grade is guaranteed to operate from –55°C to 150°C operating junction temperature. Devices are in stock, and the 1,000-piece price starts at $2.75 each for the E-grade. For more information, visit www.linear.com/product/LT3999.
Summary of Features: LT3999
- Wide VIN Range: 2.7V to 36V
- Dual 1A Switches
- Programmable Switching Frequency: 50kHz to 1MHz
- Synchronizable to an External Clock up to 1MHz
- Duty Cycle Control for Output Voltage Regulation
- Low Noise Topology
- Programmable Input Over & Undervoltage Lockout
- Cross-Conduction Prevention Circuitry
- Extended & Industrial Grades: –40°C to 125°C Operating Junction Temp
- Automotive Temp Grade: –40°C to 150°C Operating Junction Temp
- Military Temp Grade: –55°C to 150°C Operating Junction Temp
Push-Pull DC/DC Transformer Driver
The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.
- About Analog Devices
- Innovation, performance, and excellence are the cultural pillars on which Analog Devices has built one of the longest standing, highest growth companies within the technology sector. Acknowledged industry-wide as the world leader in data conversion and signal conditioning technology, Analog Devices serves over 60,000 customers, representing virtually all types of electronic equipment. Analog Devices is headquartered in Norwood, Massachusetts, with design and manufacturing facilities throughout the world. Analog Devices is included in the S&P 500 Index.
Editor's Contact Information
- Doug Dickinson