1A, 1.5MHz, 65V Boost/Inverter DC/DC Converter
Linear Technology Corporation announces the LT8580, a current mode, fixed frequency step-up DC/DC converter with an internal 1A, 65V switch. It operates from an input voltage range of 2.55V to 40V, making it suitable for applications with input sources ranging from a single-cell Li-Ion to automotive inputs. The LT8580 can be configured as either a boost, SEPIC or an inverting converter. Its switching frequency can be programmed, via a single resistor or synchronized to an external clock, between 200kHz and 1.5MHz, minimizing external component sizes. The combination of a 3mm × 3mm DFN package (or MSOP-8E) and tiny externals ensures a very compact footprint while reducing solution cost.
The LT8580’s low VCESAT switch, 0.4V at 0.75A, delivers efficiencies of up to 86%. Undervoltage lockout (UVLO) is user adjustable for optimal system performance. A single feedback resistor sets the output voltage, minimizing external components. Other features include external synchronization capability, internal soft-start and thermal shutdown protection.
The LT8580EDD is available in a 3mm × 3mm DFN-8 package and the LT8580EMS8E is offered in a thermally enhanced MSOP-8 package. Pricing starts at $2.35 each for 1,000 piece quantities. Industrial temperature (–40°C to 125°C) versions, the LT8580IDD and the LT8580IMS8E are also available, priced starting at $2.59 each for 1,000 piece quantities. Finally, high temperature (–40°C to 150°C) versions, the LT8580HDD and the LT8580HMS8E, are available, priced starting at $2.84 each for 1,000 piece quantities. All versions are available from stock. For more information, visit www.linear.com/product/LT8580.
Summary of Features: LT8580
- 1A, 65V Power Switch
- Adjustable Switching Frequency
- Single Feedback Resistor Sets VOUT
- Synchronizable to External Clock
- High Gain SHDN Pin Accepts Slowly Varying Input Signals
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 2.55V to 40V
- Low VCESAT Switch: 400mV at 0.75A (Typical)
- Integrated Soft-Start Function
- Easily Configurable as a Boost, SEPIC, or Inverting Converter
- User Configurable Undervoltage Lockout (UVLO)
- Pin Compatible with LT3580
- Tiny Thermally Enhanced 8-Lead 3mm × 3mm DFN and 8-Lead MSOP Packages
1A, 65V Boost DC/DC Converter
The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.
- About Analog Devices
- Innovation, performance, and excellence are the cultural pillars on which Analog Devices has built one of the longest standing, highest growth companies within the technology sector. Acknowledged industry-wide as the world leader in data conversion and signal conditioning technology, Analog Devices serves over 60,000 customers, representing virtually all types of electronic equipment. Analog Devices is headquartered in Norwood, Massachusetts, with design and manufacturing facilities throughout the world. Analog Devices is included in the S&P 500 Index.
Editor's Contact Information
- Doug Dickinson