Phase Modulated Full-Bridge Controller Features –40°C to 150°C Operating Junction Temperature Range
Linear Technology Corporation announces the H-grade version of the LTC3722-1, a phase-modulated full bridge DC/DC controller with adaptive or manual zero voltage switching (ZVS). The device’s ZVS delay control and adjustable synchronous rectification timing optimize efficiency while reducing transformer size and electromagnetic interference, making it well suited for isolated high power applications of up to several kilowatts.
The LTC3722-1’s adaptive zero voltage technology is accomplished by sensing the bridge MOSFETs and input voltage, allowing the converter to adapt to any change in load current, temperature, component tolerances, driver circuitry delay or input voltage variations. Additional features include fixed frequency current mode control, adjustable current limit, leading edge blanking, soft start, short-circuit protection and programmable slope compensation. An accurate 5V low dropout regulator provides up to 15mA to power auxiliary circuits.
The H-grade version operates up to a junction temperature of 150°C, compared to the E- and I-grade versions’ 85°C maximum junction temperature. The H-grade product is tested and guaranteed to the maximum junction temperature of 150°C, making it ideal for automotive and industrial applications which are subjected to high ambient temperatures.
The LTC3722-1 is available in an SSOP-24 package. The 1000-piece price starts at $6.24 each for the H-grade device. For more information, visit www.linear.com/product/LTC3722.
Summary of Features: LTC3722-1
- Adaptive or Manual Zero Voltage Switching
- Adjustable Synchronous Rectification
- Programmable Leading Edge Blanking
- Current Mode Control
- Fixed Programmable Operating Frequency from 100kHz to 600kHz
- Synchronizable Operating Frequency from 100kHz to 600kHz
- Adjustable Current Limit
- 5V/15mA LDO output
- Programmable Slope Compensation
- Short-Circuit & Overload Protection
- –40°C to 150°C Operating Junction Temp Range
150°C Full-Bridge Controller
- About Analog Devices
- Innovation, performance, and excellence are the cultural pillars on which Analog Devices has built one of the longest standing, highest growth companies within the technology sector. Acknowledged industry-wide as the world leader in data conversion and signal conditioning technology, Analog Devices serves over 60,000 customers, representing virtually all types of electronic equipment. Analog Devices is headquartered in Norwood, Massachusetts, with design and manufacturing facilities throughout the world. Analog Devices is included in the S&P 500 Index.
Editor's Contact Information
- Doug Dickinson