Dual 750mA/250mA Linear LDO Regulator with Independent Inputs Offers Ultralow Noise
Linear Technology Corporation announces the LT3030, a dual low noise, low dropout regulator with independent inputs and independent shutdown control for each channel. The device delivers continuous output current up to 750mA on one channel and 250mA on the other channel, with a low dropout voltage of only 300mV at full load. The LT3030 features a wide 1.8V to 20V input voltage range, delivering output voltages as low as 1.215V and up to 19.5V. The device features ultralow 20µVRMS noise across a wide 10Hz to 100kHz bandwidth, a precision shutdown/UVLO threshold for each channel, tracking/sequencing capability and dual PWRGD flags to indicate output regulation per channel. The LT3030’s full feature set and low quiescent current of 115µA/70µA per regulator (operating) and <1µA each (in shutdown) make it ideal for battery-powered “keep alive” systems that require optimum run time, as well as microprocessor core logic supplies, tracking/sequencing supplies and general-purpose voltage conversion.
The LT3030 operates with very small, low cost, ceramic output capacitors, optimizing stability and transient response. It is stable with only a 10µF ceramic output capacitor on the 750mA channel and a 3.3µF ceramic output capacitor on the 250mA channel. Internal protection circuitry includes reverse-battery, no reverse current flow from output to input, current limiting with foldback and thermal shutdown. The thermal shutdown circuitry protects both channels if an overload or fault condition occurs on either channel.
The LT3030’s compact packages offer thermal resistances equivalent to much larger conventional packages. The device is available in the 20-lead thermally enhanced TSSOP and 28-lead 4mm × 5mm QFN packages. A wide variety of grades/temperature ranges are offered, including E and I grades –40°C to +125°C, H grade –40°C to +150°C and the high reliability MP grade –55°C to +150°C. 1,000-piece pricing starts at $3.27 for the E grade. For more information, visit www.linear.com/product/LT3030.
Summary of Features: LT3030
- Output Current: 750mA/250mA
- Low Dropout Voltage: 300mV
- Low Noise: 20µVRMS (10Hz to 100kHz)
- Low Quiescent Current: 110µA/70µA
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 1.8V to 20V
- Adjustable Output Voltage: 1.215V to 19.5V
- Stable with 10µF/3.3µF Minimum Ceramic Output Capacitor
- Low Shutdown Current <1µA
- Reverse Battery Protection
- No Reverse Current Flow from Output to Input
- Thermal Shutdown & Current Limiting with Foldback
- Precision Threshold for Shutdown Logic or UVLO Function
- PWRGD Flag for Each Output
- Thermally Enhanced TSSOP-20E & 4mm × 5mm QFN-28 Packages
Dual 750mA/250mA Ultralow Noise LDO
- About Analog Devices
- Innovation, performance, and excellence are the cultural pillars on which Analog Devices has built one of the longest standing, highest growth companies within the technology sector. Acknowledged industry-wide as the world leader in data conversion and signal conditioning technology, Analog Devices serves over 60,000 customers, representing virtually all types of electronic equipment. Analog Devices is headquartered in Norwood, Massachusetts, with design and manufacturing facilities throughout the world. Analog Devices is included in the S&P 500 Index.
Editor's Contact Information
- Doug Dickinson