36VIN µModule Regulator with Configurable Array of Five Low Noise 1A Linear Regulators for Multirail Logic Devices
Linear Technology Corporation introduces the LTM8001, a step–down µModule® (micromodule) regulator consisting of an array of five low noise 1A linear regulators. The linear regulators are also configurable to deliver 2A, 3A, 4A or 5A, depending on the number and combination of current shared outputs. Housed in a 15mm × 15mm × 3.42mm ball grid array (BGA) package, the LTM8001 provides high efficiency conversion from an input source, ranging from 6V to 36V, by powering the five low noise linear regulators from an onboard synchronous step-down converter. Each output voltage is adjustable from 0V to 24V. The LTM8001 is designed to supply multirail systems based on FPGAs, DSPs, ASICs and microprocessors.
Each of the LTM8001’s five linear regulars has an adjustable output voltage ranging from 0V to 24V with ±2% accuracy over temperature. Output noise is just 90µVRMS over the 10Hz to 1MHz frequency range. The step-down regulator features a user-adjustable current limit accurate within ±10%.
The LTM8001 is available with guaranteed operation over the –40°C to +125°C and –55°C to +125°C internal temperature range. Pricing starts at $17.40 each for 1,000 piece quantities. The LTM8001 is available for immediate delivery from stock. For more information, visit www.linear.com/product/LTM8001.
Summary of Features: LTM8001
- Step-Down Power Supply
- Adjustable 10% Accurate Output Current Limit
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 6V to 36V
- 0V to 24V Output Voltage
- Configurable Output LDO Array
- Five 1.1A Parallelable Outputs
- Outputs Adjustable from 0V to 24V with ±2.0% Accurate VREF
- Low Output Noise: 90µVRMS (10Hz to 1MHz)
- –40°C to +125°C & –55°C to +125°C Internal Operating Temperature Range Options
- 15mm × 15mm × 3.42mm Surface Mount BGA Package
The LTM8001 µModule® Regulator’s Array of Five 90µVRMS LDOs Supports Multiple Output Configurations
- About Analog Devices
- Innovation, performance, and excellence are the cultural pillars on which Analog Devices has built one of the longest standing, highest growth companies within the technology sector. Acknowledged industry-wide as the world leader in data conversion and signal conditioning technology, Analog Devices serves over 60,000 customers, representing virtually all types of electronic equipment. Analog Devices is headquartered in Norwood, Massachusetts, with design and manufacturing facilities throughout the world. Analog Devices is included in the S&P 500 Index.
Editor's Contact Information
- Doug Dickinson