15V, 2.5A Synchronous Boost DC/DC Converter Now Offered in 150°C “H” Grade
Linear Technology announces the high temperature H-grade version of the LTC3122 in a 12-lead thermally enhanced MSOP package. The LTC3122 is a 3MHz current-mode, synchronous boost DC/DC converter with integrated output disconnect. Its internal 2.5A switches deliver output voltages as high as 15V from an input voltage range of 1.8V at start-up (0.5V when running) to 5.5V, making it ideal for various battery chemistries or standard 3.3V and 5V power sources. The LTC3122 can deliver up to 800mA of continuous output current at 12V from a 5V input. Pin-selected Burst Mode® operation lowers quiescent current to only 25µA, providing extended battery run time in handheld applications. The combination of its thermally enhanced MSOP-12 package and a constant switching frequency up to 3MHz enables the designer to balance printed circuit board solution size with required efficiency.
The H-grade version is specified over an operating junction temperature range of –40°C to +150°C. The electrical specifications are identical to the existing E and I grades. This version is ideal for automotive, industrial and military applications that are subject to high ambient temperatures.
The LTC3122HMSE is available in a 12-lead thermally enhanced MSOP package, priced starting at $2.98 each for 1,000-piece quantities and is available from stock. For more information, visit www.linear.com/product/LTC3122.
Summary of Features: LTC3122HMSE
- 150°C Max Operating Junction Temperature
- VIN Range: 1.8V to 5.5V, 500mV After Start-Up
- Output Voltage Range: 2.2V to 15V
- 800mA Output Current for VIN = 5V & VOUT = 12V
- Output Disconnects from Input when Shutdown
- Synchronous Rectification: up to 95% Efficiency
- Inrush Current Limit
- Up to 3MHz Adjustable Switching Frequency Synchronizable to External Clock
- Selectable Burst Mode® Operation: 25µA IQ
- Output Overvoltage Protection
- <1µA IQ in Shutdown
- 12-Lead Thermally Enhanced MSOP Package
High Temperature Version of 15V, 2.5A Synchronous Boost DC/DC Converter
- About Analog Devices
- Innovation, performance, and excellence are the cultural pillars on which Analog Devices has built one of the longest standing, highest growth companies within the technology sector. Acknowledged industry-wide as the world leader in data conversion and signal conditioning technology, Analog Devices serves over 60,000 customers, representing virtually all types of electronic equipment. Analog Devices is headquartered in Norwood, Massachusetts, with design and manufacturing facilities throughout the world. Analog Devices is included in the S&P 500 Index.
Editor's Contact Information
- Doug Dickinson