Low VIN Capable 5A DC/DC Converter Generates Positive or Negative Regulated Voltage
Linear Technology Corporation announces the LT3959, a highly versatile DC/DC converter for boost, SEPIC and inverting power supply applications. This device operates over an input voltage range of 2.5V to 40V, has an onboard 6A/40V power switch and achieves efficiencies up to 96%, making it well suited for industrial, automotive, medical and telecom applications.
The LT3959 can generate either positive or negative regulated output voltage with its two internal voltage feedback error amplifiers and reference voltages. One set is for positive output voltages and the other is for negative output voltages, both off a single feedback pin. With a programmable fixed or synchronizable operating frequency from 100kHz to 1MHz, designers can choose a wide range of inductors and capacitors to optimize size, performance and cost. The LT3959’s current-mode control results in stable operation over a wide range of supply and output voltages. The device supports designs using only ceramic capacitors, enabling a smaller solution size. Additional features include programmable soft-start, adjustable input undervoltage lockout and a power good pin.
The LT3959 operates from a –40°C to 125°C temperature range and is available in a 5mm × 6mm QFN-36 package. The 1000-piece price starts at $3.05 each. For more information, visit www.linear.com/product/LT3959.
Summary of Features: LT3959
- For Boost, SEPIC & Inverting Applications
- Wide Input Operating Voltage: 2.5V to 40V
- Onboard 6A/40V Power Switch
- Positive or Negative Output Voltage Setting with a Single Feedback Pin
- Selectable Fixed 100kHz to 1MHz Operating Frequency
- Synchronizable to an External Clock
- Programmable Soft-Start
- True Current-Mode Control
- Output Overvoltage & Overcurrent Protection
- Programmable Input Undervoltage Lockout with Hysteresis
Boost, SEPIC & Inverting DC/DC Converter
- About Analog Devices
- Innovation, performance, and excellence are the cultural pillars on which Analog Devices has built one of the longest standing, highest growth companies within the technology sector. Acknowledged industry-wide as the world leader in data conversion and signal conditioning technology, Analog Devices serves over 60,000 customers, representing virtually all types of electronic equipment. Analog Devices is headquartered in Norwood, Massachusetts, with design and manufacturing facilities throughout the world. Analog Devices is included in the S&P 500 Index.
Editor's Contact Information
- Doug Dickinson