Dual Positive/Negative ±20VIN ±150mA LDO with 20uVRMS Noise Now Offered in High Reliability, MP-Grade Temperature Range
Linear Technology Corporation announces a new high reliability MP grade, wider temperature range version of the LT3032, a dual, low noise, positive/negative low dropout voltage linear regulator. The device delivers up to ±150mA continuous output current on each channel with a 300mV dropout voltage at full load. The LT3032 features a wide input voltage range of ±2.3V to ±20V, delivering adjustable output voltages from ±1.22V to ±20V. A single capacitor provides ultralow noise operation of only 20uVRMS across a wide bandwidth of 10Hz to 100kHz for the positive output rail, and only 30uVRMS for the negative rail. The LT3032’s output voltage tolerance is highly accurate at ±3% over line, load and temperature. The device’s wide input and output voltage ranges, fast transient response and low quiescent current of 30uA per channel (operating) and <3uA in shutdown (total) make it an excellent choice for portable battery-powered systems that require optimum run time, and for use in bipolar op amp/instrumentation power supply and low noise supply applications.
The LT3032 operates with very small, low cost, ceramic output capacitors, optimizing stability and transient response. It is stable with only 2.2uF output capacitors. These tiny external capacitors can be used without the addition of series resistance (ESR) as is common with many other regulators. The LT3032’s internal protection circuitry includes reverse-output protection, current limiting and thermal limiting.
The LT3032 MP grade is available with an operating junction temperature of –55°C to +125°C in both adjustable and fixed (±5V, ±12V and ±15V) versions in a 14-lead 4mm × 3mm DFN package, offering a compact footprint. The device is available from stock and 1,000 piece pricing starts at $5.95. For more information, visit www.linear.com/product/LT3032.
Summary of Features: LT3032
- Output Current: ±150mA
- Operating Junction Temperature Range: –55°C to +125°C (MP Grade Only)
- Low Noise: 20uVRMS Positive, 30uVRMS Negative (10Hz to 100kHz)
- Low Dropout Voltage: 300mV
- Low Quiescent Current: 30uA/Channel
- Wide Input Voltage Range: ±2.3V to ±20V
- Adjustable Output Voltage: ±1.22V to ±20V
- Output Tolerance: ±3% Over Load, Line & Temperature
- Stable with 2.2uF Ceramic Capacitors
- Low Shutdown Current: <3uA Total (typical)
- Starts into Reverse Output Voltage
- Thermal Limiting & Current Limiting
- Low Profile 4mm × 3mm DFN-14 Package
MP Grade ±20VIN, ±150mA Dual Positive/Negative Ultralow Noise LDO
- About Analog Devices
- Innovation, performance, and excellence are the cultural pillars on which Analog Devices has built one of the longest standing, highest growth companies within the technology sector. Acknowledged industry-wide as the world leader in data conversion and signal conditioning technology, Analog Devices serves over 60,000 customers, representing virtually all types of electronic equipment. Analog Devices is headquartered in Norwood, Massachusetts, with design and manufacturing facilities throughout the world. Analog Devices is included in the S&P 500 Index.
Editor's Contact Information
- Doug Dickinson