Voltage References Combine Ultra-low Noise, High Accuracy and Value for Precision Applications
Analog Devices, Inc. (ADI) today introduced a series of voltage references offering the industry’s best combination of noise performance, initial output voltage accuracy, low temperature coefficient (TC), and excellent long-term stability at unmatched price points. The new ADR45xx series of voltage references are specifically suited for high-resolution data converters and precision applications in data acquisition systems, instrumentation, process control, and automotive battery monitoring.
With low frequency noise of 0.5 ppm, maximum temperature coefficient of 2 ppm/⁰C over the full operating temperature range of -40 ⁰C to +125 ⁰C, and a typical long-term drift of only 25 ppm/1khr, the ADR45xx series of voltage references provide high accuracy over time and temperature variations critical for many precision applications. This performance is achieved with a maximum quiescent current of 950 µA and $3.45 price, making the devices ideal for portable and budget sensitive designs. Also available is an A-grade version with a TC of 5 ppm/⁰C at $2.45.
ADR45xx Voltage References Key Features:
Availability and Pricing
Product Output Voltage (V) Sample and Full Production Availability Price Each Per 1,000 B-grade (TC of 2 ppm/⁰C) Price Each Per 1,000 A-grade (TC of 5 ppm/⁰C) Packaging ADR4520 2.048 Now $3.45 $2.45 SOIC-8 ADR4525 2.500 Now $3.45 $2.45 SOIC-8 ADR4530 3.000 Now $3.45 $2.45 SOIC-8 ADR4533 3.300 Now $3.45 $2.45 SOIC-8 ADR4540 4.096 Now $3.45 $2.45 SOIC-8 ADR4550 5.000 Now $3.45 $2.45 SOIC-8
The ADR45xx series of voltage references is well suited to operate with many of ADI’s low power, precision A/D converters such as the AD7685, AD7982 and AD7988-1/-5, as well as D/A converters, including the AD5780 and AD5764.
- View the ADR4520, ADR4525, ADR4530, ADR4533, ADR4540 and ADR4550 product pages, download the data sheet and order samples: http://www.analog.com/ADR4520
- Select the best voltage reference for your application using ADI’s free Voltage Reference Selection and Evaluation Wizard
- Maximum TC: 2 ppm/⁰C
- Output noise (0.1 – 10 Hz): < 1µVP-P @ 2.048 VOUT typical
- Initial output voltage error: ±0.02 percent (max)
- Input voltage range: 3 V to 15 V
- Operating temperature: -40 ⁰C to +125 ⁰C
- Output current: +10 mA source/-10 mA sink
- Low quiescent current: 950 µA (max)
- Low dropout voltage: 300 mV @ 2 mA (VOUT ≥ 3 V)
- About Analog Devices
- Innovation, performance, and excellence are the cultural pillars on which Analog Devices has built one of the longest standing, highest growth companies within the technology sector. Acknowledged industry-wide as the world leader in data conversion and signal conditioning technology, Analog Devices serves over 60,000 customers, representing virtually all types of electronic equipment. Analog Devices is headquartered in Norwood, Massachusetts, with design and manufacturing facilities throughout the world. Analog Devices is included in the S&P 500 Index.
Editor's Contact Information
- Sarah Shieh