Ultra-Low Quiescent Current 15 V 800 mA Step Down Synchronous Regulator Improves Power Efficiency and Density for Portable Electronics
- Analog Devices’ ADP2370/71 ultra-low quiescent current synchronous step down regulators offer a wide input range and 100 percent duty cycle operation to increase battery life for portable consumer, industrial, and medical electronicsApr 18 2012 -Norwood, MA
Analog Devices, Inc. (ADI), a global leader in high-performance semiconductors for signal-processing applications, today introduced the ADP2370/71 15-V, 800-mA output DC-to-DC regulator optimized for better energy efficiencies in battery-powered applications using multiple alkaline/NiMH, lithium cells, or other standard power sources.
The highly integrated ADP2370/71 regulators offer a wide input voltage supply range of 3.2 V to 15 V and require only three external components to reduce overall footprint. The ADP2370/71 offer greater than 93 percent conversion efficiency, enabling designers to support a higher load in a smaller area. During light load conditions, the ADP2370/71 can be configured to automatically switch to a low-quiescent power-save mode for additional battery life savings. The ADP2371, otherwise identical to the ADP2370, also offers a quick output discharge feature to ensure that the output bypass capacitors are completely discharged so that the processor can wake up in a known state.
By using a proprietary, high-speed, current-mode constant frequency PWM control scheme, the ADP2370/71 offer excellent stability and transient response to minimize the output voltage ripple. The switching frequency of these regulators can be synchronized to an external clock to eliminate beat frequencies between regulators. The ADP2370/71 operate over the −40°C to +125°C junction temperature range and are available in compact 3 mm × 3 mm QFN-8 lead packages.
ADP2370/71 DC-to-DC Regulators Key Features
Availability, Pricing and Complementary Components
Product Sample Availability Full Production Price each @ 1k units Packaging ADP2370 Now Now $1.40 3 mm × 3 mm 8 lead LFCSP ADP2371 Now Now $1.40 3 mm × 3 mm 8 lead LFCSP ADP2370CPZ-REDYKIT Now Now $60.00 - ADP2371CPZ-REDYKIT Now Now $60.00 -
- Download ADP2370 data sheets and view product page
- Download ADP2371 data sheets and view product page
- Learn more about ADI’s DC-to-DC regulators
- View discussions and FAQs on Analog Devices’ Power Management products on Engineer Zone
- Wide input voltage range up of 3.2 V to 15 V
- Output voltage is adjustable from 0.8 V to input voltage (capable of 100 percent duty cycle operation). Fixed output voltage options are also available: 0.8 V, 1.2 V, 1.5 V, 1.8 V, 2.5 V, 3.0 V, 3.3 V and 5 V.
- Ultra low Iq <14 µA in Power Saving Mode (PSM)
- Requires only three external components to reduce overall solution size
- Peak efficiency up to 93 percent improves system power efficiency and reduces thermal dissipation
- Synchronization input to minimize input ripple current and reduce input filter design
- Precision-enable input and power-good feature enable a simple and reliable start-up sequence
- Internal compensation and soft start simplifies design
- Quick output discharge (ADP2371) automatically discharges the output when the device is disabled
- About Analog Devices
- Innovation, performance, and excellence are the cultural pillars on which Analog Devices has built one of the longest standing, highest growth companies within the technology sector. Acknowledged industry-wide as the world leader in data conversion and signal conditioning technology, Analog Devices serves over 60,000 customers, representing virtually all types of electronic equipment. Analog Devices is headquartered in Norwood, Massachusetts, with design and manufacturing facilities throughout the world. Analog Devices is included in the S&P 500 Index.
Editor's Contact Information
- Joe Dussi