80V DC/DC Converter Makes Positive or Negative Regulated Voltages
Linear Technology Corporation announces the LT3958, a high input voltage DC/DC converter for boost, flyback, SEPIC and inverting power supply applications. This device operates over an input voltage range from 5V to 80V, has an onboard 84V/3.5A power switch, and can achieve efficiencies up to 96%, making it well suited for industrial, automotive, medical and telecom applications.
The LT3958 is capable of generating either a positive or negative regulated output voltage with its two voltage feedback error amplifiers and reference voltages. One set is for positive output voltages, the other is for negative output voltages, both off a single feedback pin, making the LT3958 highly versatile. With a programmable fixed or synchronizable operating frequency from 100kHz to 1MHz, designers can choose a wide range of inductors and capacitors to optimize size, performance and cost. Its current-mode control results in stable operation over a wide range of supply and output voltages. The device supports designs using only ceramic capacitors, enabling a smaller solution size. Additional features include programmable soft-start, adjustable input undervoltage lockout, along with output overvoltage and overcurrent protection.
The LT3958 operates from a –40ºC to 125ºC temperature range and is offered in a 5mm × 6mm QFN-36 package with additional pin spacing to support high voltage operation. The1000-piece price starts at $3.05 each. For more information, visit www.linear.com/product/LT3958.
Summary Features LT3958
- For Boost, Flyback, SEPIC & Inverting Applications
- Wide Input Operating Voltage: 5V to 80V
- On-Board 84V/3.5A Power Switch
- Positive or Negative Output Voltage Setting with a Single Feedback Pin
- Selectable Fixed 100kHz to 1MHz Operating Frequency
- Synchronizable to an External Clock
- Programmable Soft-Start
- True Current Mode Control
- Additional Pin to Pin IC Spacing
- Output Overvoltage & Overcurrent Protection
- Programmable Input Undervoltage Lockout with Hysteresis
80V Boost, Flyback, SEPIC & Inverting DC/DC Converter
Editor's Contact Information
- Doug Dickinson