4MHz, 4A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator Now Offered in I-Grade Temperature Range
Linear Technology announces the I-grade version of the LTC3414. The LTC3414 is a high efficiency, 4MHz, synchronous buck regulator using a constant frequency, current mode architecture. It can deliver up to 4A of continuous output current at voltages as low as 0.8V from a thermally enhanced TSSOP-20 package. It operates from an input voltage of 2.25V to 5.5V, making it ideal for both single cell Li-Ion or multi-cell NiMH applications, as well as more general purpose fixed rail systems. The I-grade version operates from a –40°C to +85°C junction temperature and is guaranteed and production tested across this entire temperature range. All electrical specifications are identical to that with the E grade version. These devices are ideal for automotive and industrial applications, which are subjected to high ambient temperatures.
The LTC3414IFE is available from stock in a TSSOP-20E package. Pricing starts at $5.45 each for 1,000-piece quantities.
Summary of Features: LTC3414IFE
- High Efficiency: Up to 95%
- IOUT up to 4A
- VIN Range of 2.25V to 5.5V
- VOUT Range of 0.8V - VIN
- Low Quiescent Current: 64uA with No Load, <1uA in Shutdown
- 4MHz Constant Frequency with Burst Mode® Operation
- ± 2% Output Voltage Accuracy
- Low Dropout Operation: 100% Duty Cycle
- Overtemperature Protection
- 20-lead, Thermally Enhanced TSSOP Package
Editor's Contact Information
- Doug Dickinson