60V, 1.5A (ISW) 200kHz Step-Down DC/DC Converter with Only 100uA of Quiescent Current and a 140˚C Maximum Junction Temperature
Linear Technology Corporation announces the "H-Grade" version of the LT1976. The LT1976 is a 60V(MAX), Burst Mode®, step-down switching regulator that maintains quiescent current under 100uA. The "H" Grade version operates up to a junction temperature of 140°C, compared to the "E" and "I" Grade versions' 125°C maximum junction temperature. The "H Grade" parts are both tested and guaranteed to the maximum junction temperature of 140°C. They are ideal for automotive and industrial applications which are subjected to high ambient temperatures.
The LT1976 operates within a VIN range of 3.3V to 60V, making ideal for load dump or cold-crank conditions found in automotive applications. Its 1.5A internal switch can deliver up to 1.25A of continuous output current at voltages as low as 1.25V. Its 100uA of quiescent current is ideal for "always on" applications such as automotive security systems which require a very long battery life.
The LT1976HFE is available from stock in a TSSOP-16E package. Pricing starts at $4.85 each for 1,000 piece quantities.
Summary of Features: LT1976H
- Maximum Junction Temperature of 140?C
- Wide Input Range: 3.3V to 60V
- 1.5A Peak Switch Current
- Burst Mode Operation: 100uA Quiescent Current
- Low Shutdown Current: IQ <1uA
- Power Good Flag with Programmable Threshold
- Load Dump Protection to 60V
- 200kHz Switching Frequency
- Saturating Switch Design: 0.2 Ω On-Resistance
- Peak Switch Current Maintained Over Full Duty Cycle Range
- 1.25V Feedback Reference Voltage
- Easily Synchronizable
- Soft-Start Capability
- Small 16-Pin Thermally Enhanced TSSOP Package
Editor's Contact Information
- Doug Dickinson