550kHz, Current Mode Step-Down DC/DC Controller in ThinSOT Offers 140˚C Maximum Junction Temperature
Linear Technology Corporation announces the "H-Grade" version of the LTC1772. The LTC1772 is a constant frequency current mode step down DC/DC controller providing excellent AC and DC load and line regulation. The "H" Grade version operates up to a junction temperature of 140°C, compared to the "E" and "I" Grade versions' 125°C maximum junction temperature. All electrical specifications are identical for the E, I and H grade versions. The "H Grade" parts are both tested and guaranteed to the maximum junction temperature of 140°C. They are ideal for automotive and industrial applications which are subjected to high ambient temperatures.
The LTC1772 provides a ± 2.5% output voltage accuracy and consumes only 270uA of quiescent current. It incorporates an accurate undervoltage lockout feature that shuts down the LTC1772 when the input voltage falls below 2.0V. For applications where efficiency is a prime consideration, the LTC1772 is configured for Burst Mode® operation, which enhances efficiency at low output current.
The LTC1772HS6 is available from stock in a ThinSOT™ package. Pricing starts at $2.30 each for 1,000-piece quantities.
Summary of Features: LTC1772H
- High Efficiency: Up to 94%
- High Output Currents Easily Achieved
- Wide VIN Range: 2.5V to 9.8V
- Constant Frequency 550kHz Operation
- Burst Mode Operation at Light Load
- Low Dropout: 100% Duty Cycle
- Tiny 6-Lead ThinSOT Package
- 0.8V Reference Allows Low Output Voltages
- Current Mode Operation for Excellent Line and Load Transient Response
- Low Quiescent Current: 270uA
- Shutdown Mode Draws Only 8uA Supply Current
- 2.5% Reference Accuracy
- Maximum Junction Temperature of 140°C
Editor's Contact Information
- Doug Dickinson