300mA VLDO Operates Down to VIN = 1.7V & Features 45mV Dropout
Linear Technology Corporation announces the LTC3035, a 300mA very low dropout (VLDO™) linear regulator with input voltage capability down to 1.7V. Featuring a low internal reference voltage with corresponding adjustable output voltage operation from 0.4V to 3.6V, the LTC3035 also maintains an extremely low dropout voltage of only 45mV at full load current. To allow operation at low input voltages, the LTC3035 includes an integrated charge pump converter that provides the necessary headroom for the internal LDO circuitry. This low input voltage capability enables performance in applications ranging from Li-Ion or 2×AA alkaline cell to low input to low output voltage conversion systems. The LTC3035's tight output voltage ±2% accuracy, low quiescent and shutdown currents of 100uA and 1uA, respectively, combined with fast transient response and small solution footprint with few external components, make it ideal for battery-powered handheld devices such as Bluetooth-enabled devices, cellular phones, media players, handheld medical and industrial instruments.
The LTC3035 regulator optimizes stability and transient response with low ESR, ceramic output capacitors as small as 1uF. Internal safety circuitry includes short-circuit and reverse output current protection, plus output current and thermal limiting.
The LTC3035EDDB in the 8-lead DFN (3mm × 2mm × 0.75mm) package offers a thermally efficient, highly compact solution footprint and is available from stock. Pricing starts at $1.29 each in 1,000-piece quantities.
Summary of Features: LTC3035
- Wide VIN Range: 1.7V to 5.5V
- Low Dropout Voltage: 45mV Typical at 300mA
- Adjustable Output Range: 0.4V to 3.6V
- Output Current: Up to 300mA
- Built-In Charge Pump Generates High Side Bias
- ±2% Voltage Accuracy over Temperature, Supply & Load
- Fast Transient Recovery
- Low Operating Current: 100uA TYP
- Low Shutdown Current: 1uA TYP
- Stable with Low ESR, Ceramic Output Capacitors Down to 1uF
- Short-Circuit & Reverse Output Current Protection
- Thermal Overload & Output Current Limiting Protection
- 8-Lead DFN (3mm × 2mm) Package
Editor's Contact Information
- Doug Dickinson