Kuiper Linux User Guide9/19/2022
- Free, open-source embedded Linux operating system based on Raspberry Pi OS
- Contains more than 1000 Linux device drivers for Analog Devices products
- Compatible with Xilinx and Intel FPGAs, Raspberry Pi boards, and several other platforms
- Pre-built BOOT and kernel files make it easy to configure your application – no building required
- Supported projects allow for easy evaluation and design prototyping
- Includes Python interface and example scripts for supported projects
- Application code can run directly on the embedded target board or remotely over a wired/wireless network, USB, or serial connection
- Remotely connect from a Windows, Linux, or Mac host for data gathering and post processing. Language support for MATLAB, Python, C, C#, and others.
- Additional applications, utilities, and software libraries add flexibility for customization
Analog Devices Kuiper Linux is a distribution based on Raspberry Pi OS. It incorporates Linux device drivers for more than a thousand ADI products and is designed with ease of use in mind. ADI Kuiper Linux minimizes the time and effort it takes to communicate and integrate ADI products into your embedded development system. There are several embedded platforms and targets that are supported by Kuiper Linux such as Xilinx, Intel, Raspberry Pi, and more.
ADI Kuiper Linux includes a host of additional applications, software libraries, and utilities designed to make it easier to evaluate, prototype, analyze, and control products and solutions including:
- IIO Oscilloscope (basic GUI for debugging IIO devices)
- IIOD (exposes IIO devices over a network connection to a remote host)
- libiio (library for applications running locally)
- pyadi-iio (Python abstraction layer for iio devices)
- libm2k (software API for the ADALM2000 multifunction USB instrument)
- GNURadio (including GR-IIO blocks, ADALM2000, ADALM-Pluto blocks)
- Scopy (cross platform GUI application for ADALM2000)
Copyright © 2022 Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd. All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
- Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
- Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
- Neither the name of the copyright holder nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS “AS IS” AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
- PC or Laptop (Window or Linux)
- 16 GB SD Card
- SD Card Writer
- Imager application, such as Raspberry Pi Imager, Etcher, or Win32 Disk Imager